iphone 5 speakerphone only working

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by CSimbo, Apr 9, 2014.

1. CSimbo macrumors newbie

My iphone 5 had an incident with a puddle of cola yesterday. I took it out of its case, dried and riced it. The phone powers up and down fine, speakers work, headphones a-ok. My only problem is that I can only be heard on calls through speaker phone. I've checked to make sure I'm not muted, soft reset, etc. Can water/soda damage effect just this?

2. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

the scenario you describe doesn't make since i assume it's the same mic. either it should work or it shouldn't. with that being said, i once had a little water hit the ear speaker and it completely fried it in seconds.

3. CSimbo thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm aware it doesn't make any sense, but it's what's happening nonetheless and wasn't sure if anyone had the same issue. Apple store it is I guess.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

There eight be a difference as to what microphone or combination of microphones get used with speakerphone vs. earpiece. Also due to the water damage perhaps the main microphone is only getting activated when the main speaker is on somehow.