Resolved iPhone 5: Speck Pixelskin HD or the Incipio OVRMLD?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Padini, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Padini, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013

Padini macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I've been looking at a ton of video and written reviews, and I still can't make my mind up between the two. I'm looking for the one that has more of a 'rubbery' and 'grippy' feel to it. I regret buying the Speck CandyShell because it's so slippery! Did Speck ever release a newer version of the Pixelskin HD case that is not 'loose'? I've seen a lot of people here complain about the fit. Also, some reviewers claim the OVRMLD to have a rubbery texture, but on the other hand others claim it to be plastic-y, so I'm kind of confused.

So if there is anyone out there who has experienced both and could tell me which one is better, that would be great.

2. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

I can only speak for the Speck PixelSkin HD and I have to say I love that case. Comfortable and thin. Recommend it ;)

3. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

OVRMLD = CandyShell Satin, I think you'll prefer the Pixelskin HD.

4. SomeGuyDude macrumors 6502a

SomeGuyDude

I know it's not one of your two, but I was REALLY impressed with the Belkin Candy Grip.

5. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I have the Speck Pixelskin for my iPod and I like it. It reminds me of the Xtrememac case I had. Very form fitting. If you shop around you can find one for $10-15.

6. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

I've never used the Incipio, but all i can say about the Pixelskin HD is that it lost some of it's charm since the 4/4s days

7. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

The OVRMLD is really pretty, but it is the only case I have ever purchased that I could not get on the phone (and I have had a lot of cases). It was REALLY stiff. Perhaps they have been improved since I got mine, however.

8. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

If you're looking at TPU cases like the Pixelskin, check out Diztronic. Their matte TPU case is my favorite so far. I tried cases from Incipio, Belkin, and Speck, and none of these were as good as the $9 Diztronic case.