Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spacebetween

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2012
First iPhone Order

This will be my first time ordering an iPhone or ordering any phone on pre-sale. Generally, is it better to order directly through Apple or through the Sprint site? Which will arrive faster? I've read that some phones have arrived the day before the actual launch date, but they didn't say where they ordered from. Also, I'm assuming that if I order through Apple they have some ability to verify that I'm eligible for the same upgrade pricing I would get if I did order it through Sprint?

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
No difference you can choose Sprint's site or Apple.com. The early deliveries happen every year but are the rare exception rather then the general rule so don't expect it to happen. :eek:

If you pre-order at the same time on both sites, the device will arrive on launch day. The delays only begin when allocated inventory starts to run short. That means that Apple will have the most inventory.

Yes, the Apple ordering system communicates to your carrier to verify your upgrade status during the order steps.

Dave

eagandale4114

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2011
No difference you can choose Sprint's site or Apple.com. The early deliveries happen every year but are the rare exception rather then the general rule so don't expect it to happen. :eek:

If you pre-order at the same time on both sites, the device will arrive on launch day. The delays only begin when allocated inventory starts to run short. That means that Apple will have the most inventory.

Yes, the Apple ordering system communicates to your carrier to verify your upgrade status during the order steps.

Dave
Well i preordered about a week later on sprint's website and still got it day one.
Granted the 16 gig tier 1 device was sold out, however I wanted the 32 gig anyways.

kylloyd

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2012
I currently have a contract through the Sprint store back home, and right now I am at school in another state. I've never had an iphone before and I plan on pre-ordering the 5. I have an upgrade through the sprint store, but would I still be able to pre-order through the apple store? How exactly does all of this work? :confused:

calpolygraduate

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
I'm not eligible until July 2013! Guess I'll have to pay $649! I should be able to re-coop $300 for my iPhone 4S though, not so bad

calpolygraduate

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
My area doesn't have 4G LTE, I wonder if I should even upgrade even though I'm not eligible? Watcha guys think!!

Gator24765

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2009
Texas
I have an iphone 4 on sprint and love it. The one down fall was having terrible 3g speeds.Now with LTE, this was the main upgrade I was looking for. Everything else will be an added bonus.

I am second most excited about camera upgrades from my iphone 4 to the 5. Although, not much more than the 4s.

The bigger screen isn't a big deal to me. I mean come on, it is not that much bigger.

I will try and pre-order as soon as possible. What are the chances they will be physically in a sprint store on launch day?

Eminemdrdre00

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2008
I'm not eligible until July 2013! Guess I'll have to pay $649! I should be able to re-coop $300 for my iPhone 4S though, not so bad

Sprint doesn't offer a reduced price for upgrading early? I'm not eligible on AT&T until June 2013, but I can get an iPhone 5 for $450 with a new 2 year contract. I was considering switching to Sprint to save money, but if I'd have to pay $650 every year... it might not be worth it.

SamAshleyBlogs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Sprint doesn't offer a reduced price for upgrading early? I'm not eligible on AT&T until June 2013, but I can get an iPhone 5 for $450 with a new 2 year contract. I was considering switching to Sprint to save money, but if I'd have to pay $650 every year... it might not be worth it.

Nope! They use to but not since last year when they got the iPhone. Sprint has really dropped the ball. Also, LTE is really slow to roll out and they chose some really random cities.

SamAshleyBlogs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
1361f57a.png

Boooo

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.