iPhone iPhone 5 stating SMS Inbox Full - No Longer Receiving SMS

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kevintech, Jul 21, 2014.

1. kevintech macrumors 6502

On friday evening, I got the message from my iPhone 5 on iOS 6.1.2
    Ever since that message, I do NOT receive SMS messages but I can send them out just fine. (iMessage works normally as well)

I went ahead and deleted threads and even used a cleaner app to clean 3 GB worth of attachments. Nothing has changed. I know this is specific to my phone because I am receive text messages when I transfer my SIM card to other iPhones.

My phone is jailbroken with biteSMS and LockInfo. Are there any other steps I can take so that my iPhone receives and displays SMS messages so I don't have to go and restore it?

2. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

have you restarted you phone since deleting all the texts?

3. kevintech thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes I've tried most things that people do.

----------

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if there's something I can do to have incoming SMS messages come in again. I've even had AT&T reset everything on their end, I've reset my network settings, rebooted, deleted text message threads and SMS messages still don't come up. I can send them fine though.

Help! :(

4. kevintech thread starter macrumors 6502

Basically, is there anyway to making iOS believe I have sufficient memory for SMS messages now?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You might need to restore it.
    Sometimes when you let it fill up completely and run out of space even after you delete stuff it doesn't work right any more or gives you problems.

6. kevintech thread starter macrumors 6502

Damn, yeah it was my fault for letting it fill up. I now have 3GB free, though. Does anyone know what iOS does with incoming SMS messages when the inbox is "full"?

There HAS to be a way around this and getting my phone to know that there is space for SMS messages now - especially when its jailbroken.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Are you trying to keep it JB on 6.1.2 and not upgrade to ios 7?
    I had the same prob before and no matter what I tried it still wouldn't let me and was buggy as hell after running out of space. Even though I deleted tons of stuff after too.
    Wonder if you can try semirestore or ilexrat to remove everything and start clean on still JB ios 6.1.2?

8. kevintech thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, LockInfo works really well on iOS 6, so I am trying to avoid upgrading as much as I can. You think there's a way to restore my phone and keep iOS 6? I didn't think I could do that.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, you can use ilexrat or semirestore. They both do the same.
    I used semirestore last month when I was having a lot of issues with my ipad cause I didn't want to update it and lose the JB.
    It basically wipes it all clean and leaves it on the current ios JB still.
    You will have to install your JB hacks again and sync back all your itunes stuff but at least you don't have to update to the latest ios.

10. kevintech thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks applejuiced! Do you think the process is pretty simple? Did you run into any problems ?

11. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

the process should be fairly simple; i've never had to use it though

http://semi-restore.com/

12. kevintech thread starter macrumors 6502

It's so frustrating that my phone thinks there is enough space for iMessages but not SMS messages.

Im surprised that no one has come around to fixing this without a restore.

13. darricksailo, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014

darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

I never even knew there was a limit to SMS messages. How many text messages did you have when the error started showing up? or how big was the sms database file?

14. kevintech thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I guess a lot because I never deleted text messages. But I deleted a good amount now but it still hasn't fixed the problem. I'm hoping in a few dad it'll resolve it self.

15. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

Use ilexrat. It's very easy and it will wipe the phone clean. You will also keep your jailbreak.

16. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

hmm, that worries me slightly. my SMS database file is 48.5 MB and using the tweak "SMS Stats 2", it shows I have a total of 37,498 SMS

17. kevintech thread starter macrumors 6502

18. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

yes, that tweak is availiable from cydia. it gives you stats like how much messages you have

although i would recommend giving semi-restore a try and see if that helps. i highly doubt it'll fix itself automatically if even a reboot doesn't fix it

19. kevintech thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I think I will have to. Does semi restore let you backup and restore from backup without losing jailbreak?

20. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

semi-restore just wipes everything and brings your device as close to stock as possible

it does not make you lose your jailbreak

make the backup using iTunes before using semi-restore. It does not allow you to restore from backup, you will have to use iTunes for that

21. kevintech thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok sounds good. Any major differences between semi restore and ilexrat?

22. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

i've used neither but i think both are similar

23. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

ilex rat is more reliable. semi restore has been known to force restores.

24. kevintech thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks apple nerd that helps my first line choice

25. kevintech thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm really wondering if there's a way to "trick" my phone into displaying SMS messages. For example, making it think it has more memory available somehow by rewriting something with root access.

Anyone have any ideas?