iPhone 5 Stock - AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mac.fanatic, Sep 27, 2012.

1. mac.fanatic macrumors 6502

Is there a way to check online if an AT&T store has the iPhone 5 in stock? Some stores either don't pick up or I get the busy tone. I'd hate to drive to a store and then find out they don't have any.

2. mac.fanatic thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't see an option on their page to check stock.

3. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

I don't think you can check a specific stores inventory online. You have to go to the store and ask if they're not picking up.

4. RocketMan76 macrumors member

You have to use a phone to call them. How ironic. :rolleyes: Just keep trying.

5. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Question answered then, eh?

6. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

If they don't answer I'm unsure of another guaranteed way.

I heard of http://milo.com/ today, which you could give a try. not sure how accurate.

what's the point to respond twice and add nothing useful?

7. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

I think the point is that there isn't some secret stash of iPhones sitting somewhere that only MacRumors forum dwellers know about. There's fewer phones than people who want to buy them, and people shouldn't expect some magical secret to exist that lets them "cut the line".

If you want to be guaranteed a phone, you need to order one online and wait for it to be shipped. If you want a chance at getting a phone faster, you need to walk into every place that sells them multiple times. That's all there is to it.

8. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

Useless.

9. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Thanks for posting a useless link. I can not find anyplace here to check for inventory. Could you shed just a few more words for us?

10. blueprint1983 macrumors 6502

i don't know if this is a trend but my store only had the 64 gig (black) in stock, probably because the it was the most expensive.

11. mac.fanatic thread starter macrumors 6502

It's post like these that make me cringe.. If you're not going to be any help by stating the obvious, why post at all? Apple Stores don't have an "official" online stock either, the reason I was asking is because if you do a personal pick up for an Apple Store, they show you your options of where you can pick one up. I wanted to know if there is anything similar to this, but for AT&T.

As for the rest of y'all who gave useful answers, thank you.

12. soco macrumors 68030

soco

I don't know why you need a college thesis written for you to tell you how to check AT&T's website, and that if you don't find anything there, then there is nothing to find.

If posts like mine make you cringe, think how lazy crowd-source-my-life's-problems posts like yours make me feel.

Lastly, I don't know what "useful" answers you're referring to after mine. No one provided anything deeper than what I did. I guess because some people fluff their answers to seem more loquacious, those answers are more useful.

13. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

If it's so obvious, why ask the question? Is it scary that one does not simply walk into a store and buy an iPhone 5? If that's the experience you want, wait a few months.