Iphone 5 straight talk 4g compatibility question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dglenn9000, Dec 12, 2013.

1. dglenn9000 macrumors newbie

I have an unlocked verizon iphone 5 on straight talk with the tmobile sim (yes the verizon iphone can take a sim). I originally had the straight talk att sim but switched because I could not get service in my house on their 3G network. Just 1 bar. The ATT sim now has pretty good 4G LTE coverage in my area. Would being on the 4g LTE improve call signal strength over what I saw with tmobiles 3G or will the phone get the same number of bars with either?

2. jahelakjuya, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013

jahelakjuya macrumors newbie

jahelakjuya

Iphone 5 straight talk 4g compatibility question

Can you please more explain?

3. TyShawn macrumors 6502

So the I5 will work on ST LTE? The way I was reading multiple posts only the I5s and I5c would work. I am looking to move my father to ST and I have to replace his phone. His old I4 is ready to be retired.

4. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I have a question about straight, talk. Does the $45 plan include all of the fees and extra charges, so the total cost is $45, or is it $45 plus the fees. Sorry if this has been covered before.

5. dglenn9000, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013

dglenn9000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Depends. If u do auto payment from them they tack on taxes, 911 charges, fed universal service, and regulatory cost recovery. You will end up paying $51 a month. If you buy the refill card from sites like pinzoo and calling mart u pay no tax and only pay the $45 a month. You even get reward points towards next purchase. Only downside is if I buy refill card u have to manually entree the number. It's not automated.