Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnnyScaletta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2013
I was given a Iphone 5 from a friend after he bought a galaxy, The phone is stuck in Recovery and is jailbroken, so when i start it up it goes straight to the itunes plugin logo I am completely stuck on it. I have tried to restore in my itunes but it doesn't finish it just errors (3) (3194) (14) (13) and a couple others I think idk whats going on, I have tried everything, Tiny umbrella doesn't work, nothing. everytime i start it up it goes straight to the Itunes logo plugin, If anyone could help that would be awesome, I have tried to go to apple forums but they refused to help since It is jailbroken..I am really at a lost and wasted hours of googling lol

- thanks

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I was given a Iphone 5 from a friend after he bought a galaxy, The phone is stuck in Recovery and is jailbroken, so when i start it up it goes straight to the itunes plugin logo I am completely stuck on it. I have tried to restore in my itunes but it doesn't finish it just errors (3) (3194) (14) (13) and a couple others I think idk whats going on, I have tried everything, Tiny umbrella doesn't work, nothing. everytime i start it up it goes straight to the Itunes logo plugin, If anyone could help that would be awesome, I have tried to go to apple forums but they refused to help since It is jailbroken..I am really at a lost and wasted hours of googling lol

- thanks

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5269891

5 seconds to find.

JohnnyScaletta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2013
I have just tried that and

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 88

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
Enter DFU mode and restore. It's likely that you didn't perform the right step to make it into DFU. Make sure that you follow every step.

Or you can try to use TinyUmbrella to kick your phone out of recovery mode. If it's not successful you must enter DFU.

JohnnyScaletta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2013
I did as followed

DFU MODE STEPS: Hold the Power Button (3 secs)
Continue holding the power button and also hold the home button (15 secs)
Release the power button while continuing to hold the home button (10 secs)
Your device should prompt with the "Connect to iTunes Screen"

I went to restore and got the error as i posted above

I have also tried my other laptop and same error(s)

and no tinyumbrella doesn't work for me have tried countless times to exit recovery it just restarts into the recovery itunes logo

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.