iPhone 5 Sudden Battery Drainage?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by psylence2k, Nov 1, 2013.

1. psylence2k macrumors 6502

So I've had my Iphone 5 for a year now and never had any issues with the battery. It usually lasts me 2-3 days on a proper charge.

Since yesterday for some reason the battery has been draining out extremely quick with me doing very little on it. I started the day with a full charge and that usually takes me like I said 2-3 days but it was dead before the day was up.

I recharged it again last night to a full charge at 100 % and powered the phone off and back on again , I unplugged it this morning,and didn't touch it for an hour and it's already at 91% without doing ANYTHING.

I dont know what's draining the battery. All the usual stuff is off, Wi-Fi, bluetooth, etc No icons at the top including location services including that anything extra is running. I shut down all the background apps last night before I recharged it yet the same problem.

Anyone have advice on what it may be ??

2. Narrator Jack, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  3. psylence2k thread starter macrumors 6502

7, I've been running 7 since they launched it with no problems

4. ItBeMe22 macrumors 6502

ItBeMe22

Mine will do that at times, but not as bad as yours. It will be at full than in a very short time it will be like a 72 and I have not done anything. I hope you find out, I would like to know. Good Luck.:)

5. distortedkarl macrumors newbie

1 month old iPhone 5. I have ios 7.0.4. Battery life sucks, sometimes its random. In the month i've owned it I had two days that gave me good battery life of 2 days without needing a charge. The other days are like today where i'm at 75% with 33 minutes of usage and 3 hours of standby.

I've been to the apple store 3 times and all they do is restore the phone. I've called apple support and they tell me its normal. I loose 25% of my battery life in 3 hours of the phone in standby. At this rate I could go 2.2 hours of usage and 12 hours of standby.

When I was at the apple store the head tech has the same phone as me but when he was at 73% he had 1.5 hours of usage and 11 hours of standby time. I'm here at 75% with 33 minutes of usage and 3 hours of standby, but yet I'm told this is normal.

I came from an android powered HTC ONE V that has the same battery size as the iPhone 5. I've charged both phones to 100% and took them off them charge and now the android phone reads 94% left but yet the iPhone 5 reads 75% left, both phone sitting around doing nothing. Everyone says Android uses more battery but from my experience it seems android uses less.

6. gregpap macrumors newbie

The battery consumption is analog to the signal strngth you have, both gsm and wifi...;)
    Inside applestores there is excellent signal in gsm and wifi as well, for obvious reasons...;)
    so dont be surprised of what you saw...;)

7. nparmelee macrumors 6502

I just had the same problem, took it to the Apple Store, they ran their diagnostics, battery was fine. They unplugged the battery for 30 seconds, plugged it back in and all has been fine since then. I had installed iOS7 when it first came out and no issues until one day it just drained really fast, same the next day. Made sure nothing was running in the background, tried turning it off for 30 minutes or so, still draining like crazy. Give Apple a call.

8. 24hrpizza macrumors member

try turning the brightness setting down on your phone. should help a bit with battery life