"iPhone 5" thickness compared to 4S and 3GS... New pictures

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SR71, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SR71 macrumors 68000

These are new pictures from Nowhereelse.fr. The "iPhone 5" is significantly thinner than both the iPhone 4S and the 3GS. It seems to be as thick as just the metal band on the iPhone 4S which is CRAZY thin. It really is an incredible engineering feat that they were able to get it so thin.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That black gunmetal look is REALLY growing on me now. Anyone else agree?

Source: BGR.com
    Nowhereelse.fr

2. ARSC macrumors 6502

3. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

I like the new design, if the processor is the A6, this seems like its going to be a great upgrade. Cant wait.

4. SR71 thread starter macrumors 68000

Ahh, just saw the other thread lol.

5. Scrub175 macrumors 6502

Scrub175

Thanks for posting anyway. I agree the gunmetal is looking sharp and the screen appears different. Like the black bezel piece is less visible. I like it. Cant wait.

6. urkel macrumors 68030

Personally, I'm going to get one because I don't want Android but a taller screen doesn't address all the issues some (not all) people experience with Apples current screen. So if you have issues with book reading, Internet, portrait keyboard, hunched posture on extended usage or large fingers then the same problems will continue to exist on the iPhone.

BTW. The excuse that "a bigger screen makes it impossible to use with one hand" is BS. Smartphones (Including the iPhone) have never been one handed devices and this idea that a slightly wider screen would "ruin the experience" is BS. A larger (wider) screen has more benefits than drawbacks (even if you count all the fictitional ones like one handed operation or cargo pant requirements).

7. Skika macrumors 68030

8. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

You've never used or seen anyone use an iPhone with one hand....:eek:

Hunched posture. The iPhone weighs mere ounces, bring it to your face, not your face to it. It's not glued to your lap or desk, it's not reasonable or logical to assume hunching over to it.

9. SR71 thread starter macrumors 68000

Exactly what I'm thinking. The whole design of it is REALLY nice.

I feel like right now everyone is saying "Oh that design is stupid... why would they only make it taller?!", but once they get the phone in their hands, it'll just feel... right. If you look at comparison pics, the iPhone 5 is a tad bit wider than the 4S. I'm reserving my judgement for when I have my iPhone 5 in my hands, but from the looks of it, it's a welcome change for me. I've always wanted an iPhone with a bigger screen and I'm finally getting it. I can't complain. :):apple:

10. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Needs to retain the chrome apple. The black apple in the gunmetal case doesn't look right.

11. SR71 thread starter macrumors 68000

I'm a fan of the black Apple. From what I've seen, the white is going to have the chrome.

12. anonymouslurker macrumors regular

I personally think the black looks better. Opinions vary.

13. mzjin macrumors 6502

mzjin

Easy to get a decal or backing like I did with mine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.