iPhone 5 this fall...yes, no, yes, no

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VoodooDaddy, Jul 1, 2011.

1. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

So no one knows whats going to happen, but why do we see completely conflicting stories almost every day?? Wednesday I saw one that said not only was the iPhone 5 likely to be released in September, but also a cheaper, unlocked iPhone4s.

Thursday (yesterday) I saw a story from the WSJ that said dont expect the iPhone 5 until next year.

Today I see another story about the iPhone 5 coming in September again.

I have a Moto Droid, the first one, and every day I want to smash this thing to bits. Its like using a Windows 98 computer in 2011. But my upgrade isnt due until July 31 (thanks VZW for your 2yr upgrade window)

So IDK what to do come July 31 because there seems to be no clear indication of whats going to happen with the iPhone 5. And while Ive read that VZW will grandfather you in with unlimited data even after upgrading, it says that its subject to change too. So I want to make sure Im locked into unlimted data before they pull that carpet out from under us.

What is the consensus here on the iPhone 5 in Sept??

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Analogy: if one reporter says the next iPhone is going to red, another reporter says blue and another says yellow, well, all those are baseless rumors.

So when the announcement is made and it turns out that the next iPhone is blue, then that reporter will now have somewhat bragging rights and will probably say "I knew all along"

Point is, no one knows and every reporter is hoping they will be right when apple gas their next keynote.

3. Cicatrix macrumors 6502

I'm sort of in the same boat. I have a Blackberry Curve that I want to send into space. My contract is up in July, and I have the chance to switch from T-mobile to AT&T. I want to do this so I can get an iphone. I don't care if it's the 4, or 5, just get me the hell away from this crapberry. When I go to dial a number I hit like 6 numbers at once the buttons are so damn small.
    Any way hopefully the iphone 5 comes out in July.:)

4. Cosmo Kramer macrumors member

5. MacBookPr0 macrumors regular

id have to say yes because they have to keep the product cycle going in the usual fashion. But then again, they might not since the white iphone hasnt been out long

6. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

It will be released alongside ios5 is my guess.

7. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

I think we'll get lots of info this month, as manufacturers will be readying for the iPhone 5 in July.

But Apple has always released a brand new iPhone with the new iOS, so if iOS 5 is to be released this fall, then its safe to presume the iPhone 5 will too.

8. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

Wrong. I have an inside source that says we will get a surprise launch this Tuesday! The wait is over...

9. Polekat macrumors regular

Polekat

You sir, are wrong. There was a secret release last night at midnight. Hurry to your Apple Store/AT&T Store/Verizon Store before they are sold out!

10. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

Not a sir ;)

Side note I already have one from two nights ago limited launch in Hawaii.