iPhone 5 to feature a bigger 4-inch display

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Darthdingo, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

iPhone 5 to feature a bigger 4-inch display;
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/15/iphone-5-to-feature-a-bigger-4-inch-display/

I am an Android user the last year+ and LOVE my EVO, and had the Nexus-One loved that too. Last iPhone was the 3G, I was a HUGE iPhone fan when I got the first one the week it launched, but have since moved on to Android.

I am looking forward to coming back, but I really want a larger screen, 3.5" is just too tiny in today's market, 4" is the sweet spot not too big like my EVO 4.3", but not too small either like 3.5".

In my opinion Apple can easily stop Android dead in it's tracks by just doing a few simple things. #1 get the iPhone on all 4 U.S. carriers, T-Mobile and Sprint, those two carriers combined have almost 100 million customers, Apple could take away a lot of new business going there. #2; Offer options for the iPhone, like I keep reading rumors about, a small "Nano" version, a 4" version will be the main bread butter iPhone5, and maybe a third option I read about with pull out keyboard. Options are good for everyone, let the consumer decide which iPhone they like, instead of having them go to another brand phone.

If Apple just does those two things, I don't see Android or WinMo7 even coming close. And rumors are pointing to that possibly happening this year. Remember this is a business, and about making money.

2. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.