iPhone 5 to feature a revamped Antenna?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by whocaresit, Jan 23, 2011.

1. whocaresit, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011

whocaresit macrumors 6502a

Is this true? Will iPhone 5 feature a totally redesigned Antenna system to reduce signal attenuation issues ?

iPhone 5 will most probably be announced in June 2011 at WWDC. Looking forward to it!

2. pittpanthersfan macrumors 6502

pittpanthersfan

It's the only way I'm buying one. Not that it matters to Apple.

3. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

Probably true, they're going to use Qualcomm for antennas, it should support both CDMA and GSM, and while they're at it I guess they'll work on the attenuation as well.

4. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

We already know the antenna band has been redesigned, but whether or not it solves the attenuation issue has yet to be seen.

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Short answer: No

Long anser: Nope

But seriously, when I say that I'm answering the question using your own term: "Totally redesigned"

There may be some minor changes like what they did with the Verizon phone (different break point seams) or maybe some kind of different materiel or outer coating or something.

So that stuff? Sure, maybe. But totally redesigned? I highly doubt it. Simple fact is, Apple is selling iPhone 4s faster than they can make them and the return rates are lower than they were for the last model. What, exactly, is the problem that needs fixing from their point of view?

6. TheyCallMeSaint macrumors regular

The VeriPhone already has an updated antenna -- the "break" in the outer band occurs at the top now, where users won't press during a phone call.

7. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Yes!

Or maybe No!

We have to see the Verizon version first silly ;)

8. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

but the current one is fine... not my fault, or Apple's, AT&T coverage sucks :p