iPhone 5 to have an All New Design?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by whocaresit, Jun 6, 2011.

1. whocaresit macrumors 6502a

Is it going to be "all-new" design or just spec bump? :eek:

Either way, I will be the first in line to get the new iPhone before every one else! :D

2. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

the more I think about it, the less I think there will be a new one today. Why?

we usually get a preview of iOS in april. Then wwdc in june and an iPhone release a few weeks later, in late june/early july

thats 3 months from when the devs get ahold of the new iOS to when it (along with the new phone) is released.

however, there was no april preview. Today is the first preview. So if they want a 3 month period for devs to help them iron out bugs and to update their apps for compatibility and new features, the release will have to fall in september as rumored

3. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

The iPhone 4 was a redesign. I expect just a spec bump.

4. Centient macrumors 6502

i5 will be a redesign, but don't expect that until next year. Larger screen, probably incorporating that liquid-metal tech Apple purchased last year, NFC, LTE, etc...

An updated i4 seems with some upgraded hardware, and expanding US carrier coverage, seems entirely possible. I'm in the camp that thinks it could be released sooner than later.

5. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

they never revealed new iOS before a new iPhone. Both are always announced in June

6. NebulaClash macrumors 68000

NebulaClash

The 4S is rumored to be a minor update using the same form factor.

Next year's 5 is the one that is supposed to be the big change.

Probably no phone gets released today.

7. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

no

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_(Apple)

a notable quote from the article:

"gamecenter was revealed during an iOS 4 preview event on April 8

they did the same for iOS 3, and I believe (though don't remember for sure) they also did so for iOS 2

8. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

exactly. you think they are going to release a phone with a new ios on it without letting the developers prepare their apps for the new ios? It always announced a month or so before the release of the new phone

9. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

You're kidding, right? They have consistently had an iOS event in April where they reveal the next iOS and start releasing betas to developers.

10. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

Didn't they release iOS gold at last year's WWDC?

11. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

Yeah. It was released to the public a week later, I think. Or maybe a few days later.