iPhone 5 to Have Same Design as iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jw nyc, Jan 11, 2011.

1. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

Based on the leaked images that showed the antenna re-design WITH the SIM slot, can we assume that the next iPhone will have the same design as the current model (same as the 3GS having the same design as the 3G)? The current Verizon model is not a world phone and lacks the SIM slot so what else would the leaked case be used for?

2. seajay96 macrumors 6502

Probably be a light update to GSM iPhone in June...but, highly unlikely that it will be a major hardware upgrade.

3. ApplEngineer macrumors regular

I think that's accurate. Apple wouldn't re-design the hardware (a-la iPhone 3Gs -> iPhone 4) 4-5 months after releasing the VzW iPhone. The Verizon customers would complain like crazy (apple doesn't need anymore bad press after antennagate).

The fact that they released on Verizon now and not just wait a couple of months for there annual refresh tells you it shouldn't be a big update, think processor bump, memory, and more software. That's about it, iPhone 4s.

My 2 cents.

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

I would expect a design change in iPhone 6 not 5. It's only the next model to the 4 which was a major design change with retina display and gyroscope and vid cameras.

5. jw nyc thread starter macrumors 6502a

Maybe the iPhone 5 will have a dual core processor and an updated version of iOS.

6. fishmoose macrumors 68000

I think the iPhone 5 will look exactly as the Verizon iPhone 4 + a sim card slot and I think it will be a global phone that supports both CDMA and GSM (or just LTE but that's unlikely).

7. aneftp macrumors 68040

Guys and Gals, (some of who will not believe me).

I have it on hand (because a head guy of one of the 3 companies that makes motherboards for Apple iphones and ipads in Asia).

Guy told me 2 months ago, the Verizon iPhone was a done deal.

He also there are very little changes between iphone 4 and 5 (with motherboard design so the processor and specs are going to be roughly the same). So iPhone 4 and 5 will be very similar.

And this is the kicker: (this is why you won't believe me).

While we know there's iPad 2 coming, he says iPad 2.5/3 will arrive Q3 2011 and it will be the 7 inch tablet. Apple already has orders with his company for the motherboards for these 7 inch tablets (even though Steve Jobs has denied it).

Again, believe me or not but we will revisit my post come Q3 about the iPad 3.