iPhone 5 to Retain iPhone 4 Design

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dino F, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

According to this link (they say they have a reliable source - the same source which correctly predicted the iPad 2 design months before its official release), iPhone 5 will look the same as iPhone 4 :

iPhone 5 to retain iPhone 4 design

....looks like all you guys who are expecting/hoping for a complete re-design of the iPhone 5 are gonna be highly disappointed!!!:D

2. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

I won't comment on how horrible those 'renderings' are, but why would they be secret "iPhone 5" cases if the design is exactly the same as the "iPhone 4"?

All signs do point to Apple keeping the same shell though. If they man-up, they could squeeze in a larger screen, but I'm not holding my breath.

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

There's a front-page post about this already..

4. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

Some blind people around here, those cases, whatever they are from, are rounded, so they don't suggest the 5 will be the same design if that's indeed what they are.

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Right, because there have never been fake mock ups or PSs of stuff before on the Internet.

6. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

Which is why I said "whatever they are from" and "if that's indeed what they are". Did you mean to quote a different post???

Most of these rumors have always turned out to be wrong, but to think a case, which doesn't show the same design, is definite proof that Apple is going to use the same exact design makes no sense. People here and on other sites are running around screaming that the 5 will look exactly the same based on these shady renderings, it's ridiculous.

I guess my whole point is that if these are accurate, they do NOT show the design to be unchanged like people are claiming, makes me wonder if some people need to get their coke bottle glasses checked.

7. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

The artwork on those images are so amateurish, you can't tell what shape they're supposed to be. Worst images I've ever seen. They're clearly just quick, cheap concepts.

8. tirk macrumors 6502

tirk

Marketing?

9. Aloha-boy macrumors newbie

If that is to be the case for an iP5, they must've figured out the flash-though-the-tiny-hole-in-the-case problem. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.