iPhone 5 touch screen not working?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by heated lime, Nov 19, 2013.

1. heated lime macrumors newbie

Nov 19, 2013
    Hi i buy and repair iphones. I currently bought a iphone 5 that screen was completely shattered and wouldn't turn on. When i brought it home and opened it up all the flex cables leading to the screen where torn or ripped. Thats okay since i was replacing the screen anyways. Now that i got a new screen i tried to install it and everything works except when i turn it on and swipe my finger across the screen its not picking up any touch sensitivity at all so it wont let me unlock the phone.

I looked at the part of the motherboard on the iphone where the flex cable plugs into and it looks fine not damaged or anything. I tried re installing it and the same thing happened. I thought it might just be the screen but i plugged the screen into my iphone 5 and everything works perfectly on it.

*phone does not show any signs what so ever of waterdamage*

Any suggestions at all would be great!!
  2. thegreati macrumors regular

Feb 22, 2012
    After installing the new (hopefully known good) digitizer, did you attempt a hard reboot on the device?
  3. heated lime thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 19, 2013
    Im trying it now. I didn't want to do that because the phone was still on IOS 6 and didn't want to update it to IOS 7 but im giving it a shot quick. Ill let ya know how it turns out. Thanks:apple::apple::apple:
  4. heated lime thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 19, 2013
    unfortunately the hard reboot and reset did not have any effect and it still does not work. Thank you for the thought though.
  5. Willburrow macrumors newbie

Feb 27, 2015