iPhone 5 tough cases?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by billy123, Oct 14, 2012.

1. billy123 macrumors newbie

So getting my upgrade next week,and i need to get a tough case as im in the building trade and my phone gets a very hard time with dust and whatever!

Now for the last couple of years i've had the defender for my iPhone 4 and 4s

But im thinking is there anything better!

Now ive looked at few website reviews but i wondered how anyones got on with there for there 5 or even 4s (they cant have changed that much)

It must have a built in screen protecter as constantly having to the answer the phone with dirty hands.

And im not bothered how bulky it makes the phone as its just why im at work i take it out the the case weekends and most evenings whaever cos i'm bit of a iphone nudist so with that in mind it must come out of the case fairly easy as im always talking it out, witch i think is why the lifeproof wont be any good (when it comes out that is!) as i dont think you can get the phone out easy?
    Shame cos i love how dust proof it is, im constantly getting the mic and speaker ports full of crap getting in from my defender case!

So any personal thoughts of ones you got or looking at would be great ta!

2. macher macrumors 6502a

macher

I'm in same boat. I have full body Ghost Armor for my iPhone 5 because I like to rock it naked when I get home from work and on the weekends.

I'm also looking for a tough case that will be able to take my iPhone with full body protection that I can easily switch in and out too.

I don't like the Defender because the rear camera is exposed AND with the Defender if you have full body shields your iPhone won't fit. I like the Griffin Survivor but the same problem of a full bodied protected iPhone. I don't mind taking the built in screen shields off if my full body protected iPhone 5 would fit because the screen will be facing in on the clip. I just want all ports etc to be protected to prevent dust etc.

3. gavinfabl macrumors regular

gavinfabl

I got a Trident Aegis in black. Love it. They also do a Trident Kracken which has optional attachments like tripod, bike mounts are more.

4. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

I have had both Griffin Survivors for my 4s and now for my 5.

Do a brilliant job protecting the phone , see video....and i can take it out in less than 30 seconds...though rarely do, quite like the rugged military look to the case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0XJtbYaEbM

Cant wait for this though!

[​IMG]

5. macher macrumors 6502a

macher

Will an iPhone with front and back shields fit into the Survivor?

6. billy123 thread starter macrumors newbie

That picture looks amazing but won't doubt you can get you phone out of that easy looks like its screwed together! What is it anyway?

7. billy123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just watched a 10 min YouTube of the trident case. Love the fact the speaker ports covered. Shame cameras all open.