iphone 5 transparency lag disappointing.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by oplix, Sep 17, 2013.

1. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

Hopefully things like messages app will be optimized in subsequent releases of ios 7. Most things are smooth but things like going into landscape in messages with keyboard up really leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

2. CallOfDuty macrumors 6502

I have posted a thread about this before not long ago, surprised not many were interested although I was rather bothered about this. I really thought it will garner at least some attention and discussion, but it was barely 1 page. (Not that I'm attention seeking!)

By disabling 'Increase Contrast' in Accessibility under Settings, it lags your phone to an extent. Animations are not as fluid as when you enable the setting. When you enable it, u pretty much lose all the transparencies and eye candy, but u will gain a noticeable improvement in terms of general smoothness.

Here's my thread

3. rebel7254 macrumors newbie

That's a great tip, thanks. That totally removed the lag in the portrait-to-landscape animation in the text messaging app. Hopefully this is something that can be fixed through better optimization, and isn't simply a result of the hardware not being capable to maintain smooth performance with the eye candy.

4. Thierry ba macrumors 6502a

Funny thing how only native Apple apps like messaging lag, but theres absolutely no lag in 3rd party apps.