iPhone 5 unlock help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by buddyboy567, Oct 14, 2013.

1. buddyboy567 macrumors newbie

Oct 14, 2013
    Hi All, new member to macrumors.com. Been following it as a guest for a long time. :)

I'm trying to unlock my ATT iPhone 5 as I'm traveling on vacation outside the US. Requested ATT for help but they asked me to go to hell, so can't do it the right way.

Using google I was able to find that there used to some 3rd party services (like unlock_fusion on ebay, swiftunlocks.com, unlockfusion.net) which have a very good reputation of helping people to unlock iPhone 5 for a reasonable price. But I'm not able to find them anymore. There are no listings by unlock_fusion on ebay anymore and swiftunlocks.com doesn't seem to have any products for ATT iPhone 5.

Does anyone have any other ideas to unlock iPhone 5 sometime soon, I'm traveling in 3 days.

Thank you very much!
  2. dssfreak001 macrumors newbie

May 2, 2010
    I just ordered an unlock from Sam however I don't have a t mobile SIM card. I do however have a sprint sim. Can I use that one instead? I'm trying to go to tmobile with my recently purchased iphone 5.
  3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Apr 16, 2008
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    Once the phone is unlocked you can use any gsm sim.
    Once you switch to Tmobile and get a sim all you need to do is stick it in.
  4. ragu macrumors member

Sep 8, 2009
    Yeh you should be able to get it unlocked at any flea market around there are lots of electronic guys there and cost would be $40-$100
  5. maceam macrumors newbie

Nov 23, 2013
    no way trusting idevice guys for unlocks

I wouldn't recommend using idevice unlocks.. I'm still waiting on them to even answer my e-mails and nothing... i ordered the unlock the beginning on October......