iPhone 5 unlock trouble

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by FinSmokesKush, Jan 20, 2013.

1. FinSmokesKush macrumors newbie

Hi I've been looking for an answer and this seems like the best place where I would receive valid answers, so I went on cutyoursim.com and purchased to get my iphone 5 unlocked and they said it would take roughly 2-3 buisness days for the process to complete and I would be notified via email and it's been 4 buisness days excluding weekends and still no results, I'm starting to think I got hustled lol anybody know if cutyoursim.com is legit and if so how long does it actually take for me to receive this email? Thanks.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Did you try contacting them to see what they say? Do they send you a confirmation email when the unlock is done?
    Did you test out another carrier sim?

3. FinSmokesKush thread starter macrumors newbie

they gave me an order # and i made sure the IMEI number i sent them was correct and i tried contacting their support email address and i still haven't received a reply and no i haven't tried to put another sim on it, thanks for the reply, i've read on other forums that they were shut down before for putting iphones on blacklists back on the whitelist but that was 2 years ago so when i went on the site and seen that they offered to unlock the 5 i thought they were back so i went on and purchased it' i mean the website looks legit and a lot of people said that it had worked for them.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Wait a few days and if nothing then try to get your money back.

5. FinSmokesKush thread starter macrumors newbie

will do a few people said it would take 20 days tops, any ideas what i could do to pursue for my money back? and if it happens any reliable source i can use to unlock my 5? thanks.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

20 days is too long IMO.
    If you paid with PayPal or credit card dispute the charges.
    What carrier is your iPhone locked to?

7. dextr3k macrumors 6502

i just used cutyoursim.com and can vouch that they are a legitimate service. HOWEVER....my unlock with fido canada took over 2 months :eek: soooooo.....ymmv

They unlocked my phone, and it is unlocked, but I cannot in all seriousness recommend them because they choose some slow suppliers, lol.

8. FinSmokesKush thread starter macrumors newbie

When did you purchase it? Because I purchased mine recently on the 14th so that means I got a while away for the process to complete lol well I'm glad to hear that I didn't get hustled and that eventually the iphone should be unlocked lol

9. FinSmokesKush thread starter macrumors newbie

When did you purchase it? Because I purchased mine recently on the 14th so that means I got a while away for the process to complete lol well I'm glad to hear that I didn't get hustled and that eventually the iphone should be unlocked lol

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Wow man, over 2 months?:D
    Who wants to wait that long to be able to use their phone?

11. dextr3k macrumors 6502

I have my iphone 5 with me so no problems with having a phone on hand, but yes it was a really long time.

I purchased it around 11/10 and got it unlocked finally around 1/15, so a little over 2 months time. I was afraid I got scammed too, but they eventually came around and I got my "your phone is unlocked" in iTunes, legitimate, but slow. ;)

12. FinSmokesKush thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright did you ever receive the email stating that the process was complete? I don't want to restore the phone without the process being complete lol

13. daudi macrumors member

whats the carrier on which the iphone is locked?

14. FinSmokesKush thread starter macrumors newbie

it was locked to at&t but now it's unlocked and i put it on simple mobile but i can only make calls and text i'm assuming everytime i try to use instagram or twitter my timeline wont refresh -____-

15. dextr3k macrumors 6502

Yes I got an email stating they delivered my order. which means they completed the unlock and I should follow instructions to restore my phone.