iPhone 5 unofficial dock

n00byn4t3r

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2012

Looks really nice, and the cable looks awesome as well.

Quote from the site:
The Lightning Cable has an intelligent power managements system built in, you can actually see the flow of current going into your iPhone 5. When the light flows, it tells you your device is charging. When your phones fully charged the cable illumination turns off. The illuminated Lightning Cable uses electroluminescent (EL) technology to display the current flow from the power source to your device. The current flow speed is dependent on how flat your device is. The lower your battery the faster the current flows. Once nearly charged the Illuminated EL strip slows right down before stopping and turning off.
Official site: http://iphone5mod.com/shop/illuminated-lightning-cable-and-iphone-5-dock/

jeremiah239

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2007
239 Area, FL
The dock looks cool, but it doesn't have any support on the back of the phone so all the stress is on the port. Not a good design if you ask me.

n00byn4t3r

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2012
We'll just have to wait for a different company then.
Perhaps I will still buy it though as it's pretty cheap, 47$ shipped incl. cable.

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
We'll just have to wait for a different company then.
Perhaps I will still buy it though as it's pretty cheap, 47$ shipped incl. cable.
Its not that cheap, but it is pretty cool. I would just be annoyed with having a light up cord near my bed.

For the price of admission of the dock alone, I might take the plunge. However they are located in asia so the shipment is going to take a long time.