iPhone 5 updates and Battery Life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hbksabhi, May 25, 2013.

1. hbksabhi macrumors regular

Guys i wanna guy a iPhone 5 and have a few Questions
    => Is it Really a Bad time to Buy one
    => is the Camera Fab ?? replace point n shoot cam ??
    and main Question

=> Do u guys update ur iPhone whenever Update comes out as i read on tons on Forums that how it cripples battery life .
    i never updated my ipad mini from 6.0.2 fearing for battery Troubles :/

2. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

- It's never a bad time to buy a new phone, iPhone or not. Buy it, use it, be happy with it. The iPhone 5 will be getting iOS 7, so fear not.

- Camera is decent enough to take good photos, but whether it is good enough to replacing point & shoot cameras or not is entirely up to your preferences. For me, I will say no.

- Most updates won't cripple battery life that badly. The people whom are reporting their bad battery problems on the forums here are only a small portion of users, in most cases anomalies. 95% of the users out there have normal battery life and they won't post it here because they don't have a problem.

So don't be fooled and afraid of updating your phone just because you see and hear people complaining about bad battery life on their iPhones. If you really encounter any bad battery problems after updating to a new firmware, the first remedy I would suggest would be to restore your phone via iTunes. In most cases, it would be the easiest solution.

3. hbksabhi thread starter macrumors regular

i am using galaxy note 1 and since its getting too big for me because i bought nexus 4 for a week and returned it .......
    :- it was a great phone but battery life was bad even after tweaking kernels and stuff and camera was not good ...... and it was still not single hand use ...
    i mean i was happy with note for size than 4.7 inch form just because if u need two hands to use it note fits better .

i know ios 7 will be coming to iPhone 5 but the thing is im paranoid about updating and believe that apple has a strategy of not optimizing thing properly when new version come out :/

4. Infinitewisdom macrumors 6502

Not really sure what you're talking about here. Sounds more like paranoia than anything. You do realize that they frequently release mid-year software updates, right? In addition, whether or not you update the software is completely up to you. I have not noticed a battery life reduction on the latest updates, for whatever that's worth.

As to your other questions, the iPhone 5 camera is excellent. I haven't carried a point and shoot in years. It's only a bad time to buy if you like the latest and greatest. The 5S will probably be out in September or October. If you don't care, then get the 5. You won't regret it.

5. viperGTS macrumors 65816

What they mean is that they are worried that Apple will fully optimize iOS 7 only for the new iPhone that ships with it, which is a perfectly valid concern.

6. hbksabhi thread starter macrumors regular

this.

the update thing is what keeps me away from apple .

i have a feeling they mess with ur phone , when they come out with ios 7 , it will be for Iphone 5s and they would want more people to upgrade so wont keep everything that good for iphone 5 , otherwise 70-80% iphone 5 owners wont be buying it .rest i dont know i only used iphone 3g for three years a long time ago and turned my back on apple , Only this ipad mini i bought i m thinking of going back to iphone 5 :/

7. Pecheneg macrumors member

6.1.4 killed my battery , it's horrid now, in 5 hours my phone is at 10% from a 100%. Stay away ppl!

8. hbksabhi thread starter macrumors regular

did u try restoring ??
    and stay away from phone or update lol ?

9. Pecheneg macrumors member

10. Zerilos macrumors 6502a

If you can wait another 4 months, then just hold off for the release of the 5s. If you can't wait then get a 5. I love mine and will be using it for at least 3 years. It will not be obsolete anytime soon.

a

11. hbksabhi thread starter macrumors regular

do u update ?? any battery issues ?

12. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

The think is about a stand alone camera or any type of camera is that it can zoom in without blurring up the pic.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

13. Zerilos macrumors 6502a

I have the most current version of iOS on my phone. My battery seems the be about the same as it was when i got it.

14. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

The iPhone 4S got all of the iOS 6 features the iPhone 5 had so they dont leave out stuff no. Older models they do. Personally I'd wait until the next iPhone and see if it suits your needs then. No iOS updates have affected my battery :)