IPhone 5 V Software

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by sunny1985, Feb 22, 2011.

1. sunny1985 macrumors member

Lets me honest a lot of rumours have be spreading about the new phone, but none about the software. Personally i rather have an extreme software update rather than a whole new iphone completely. The idea of bringing the fun of ‘Blackberry’ sort of messenger to the world of Apple would please me the most. As communicating with people would be made so much easier (whatsapp can be unreliable at times).

But heres a small list i would LOVE in the next update.
    In-app messaging.
    Delete a certain call.
    Parental lock on calls and messaging.
    Integrated Facebook/Twitter
    Widgets.

Think for me those would do.

What do you guys reckon?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Can't say any of those interest me at all

I would be interested in a better notification system
    Beyond that, I don't have a lot on my wish list... hardware or software

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

For me, I see little to no need for in-ap messaging, nor do I care about deleting certain calls. Parental locks is a plus but given that my children are only 5. I'll not be worrying about parental locks on a phone any time soon.
    Integrated facebook/twitter - I hope not. Not everyone is addicted to FB or twitter, heck I'm not even on twitter and only use FB once in a while.
    Widgets - nice, but the UI will need to have to be reworked to make this look nice. That being the case, I'd not hold my breath.

TBH, I'm not sure what to expect for iOS 5, apple needs to continue to innovate and not rest on their laurels. I would hope they would rework the notification system to something that's better then what's there now but beyond that, I have no idea who apple could improve iOS

4. 1984world macrumors 6502

1984world

Would love single call deleting.

Plus:

new notification system
    led notification light ala blackberry
    custom sms ability
    64 gb storage
    better camera
    free mobile me

customizeable icons for apps, screens, sliders, etc.

5. LegendKillerUK macrumors 6502

New notification system and quick sms reply. Multitasking is good but it's too much of a distraction jumping about all the time.

6. psonice macrumors 6502a

A faster way to switch between apps in multitasking. The double-click thing isn't good.
    Definitely improved notifications.

Also, remember the pattern for the last few years is for the new iphone AND the new OS to be available in the summer! We may get a look at iOS 5 when the ipad 2 is announced.

7. sunny1985 thread starter macrumors member

Personally i don’t have any notification issues, my google mail is quite decent cant complain there. Why do people complain about notification?

But not a fan of this ‘hotspot’ etc

8. psonice macrumors 6502a

Notifications are the things that pop up in the middle of the screen when you have a reminder, or an alarm goes off. You know, the things that pop up in your face while you're trying to play a game or something, then immediately disappear when you press 'ok' so if you forget what it was, tough.

Better solution: have a think in the menu bar that flashes when you get a new email / reminder/ whatever. You can open that to check what it was, delete it when you're ready. Emails, texts etc. could go there too.

9. Wyseman macrumors newbie

My wishlist for an iOS update would be:

"Fetch new data" for email to be per-account. Push for one account, fetch for another.
    Also for mail, a push / fetch schedule for each account. e.g. push between ??am and ??pm, fetch at other times.. (This was a feature on an android phone i used for a while, it was a great way to leave work at work..).

Customized lock screen...
    Optional "Missed Calls, New Emails, New Messages" on lock screen.
    Would be nice to see Count of new / missed items without having to unlock / enter password etc.

Shared filespace...
    An percentage of space on the device (perhaps set via settings) that is visible as USB storage when the device is plugged into a PC. This file space should be available to all applications to read-write. Would allow doc sharing between iOS applications, even inter-app communications (file sockets?)..

10. stevenreed034 macrumors newbie

iPhone 5 is not just a Smartphone, it much more than that. I think iPhone 5 is best phone for everyone. I have seen many business men have using this iPhone for business networking. Now I am keenly waiting for iphone5, I have read it’s exclusively for social networking, chatting and communication. IPhone 5 supports 5 times applications of iPhone 4. Many students have been waiting for Iphone 5 apps and Phone for buying.