iPhone 5 (Verizon) Chewing through Data

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ECUSnare, May 18, 2013.

1. ECUSnare, May 18, 2013
    Last edited: May 18, 2013

ECUSnare macrumors regular

I upgraded from my iPhone 4 to the iPhone 5 on May 2nd. Ever since then, I've had issues with the amount of data being used. I have a 2GB/month plan and at the very most used 1 GB (which was mainly due to streaming from the Tunein App on long road trips) with my iPhone 4. With my iPhone 5, I have used 66% of my data and I still have 16 days left in this billing cycle. I should note, I have not changed my usage habits from when I had the iPhone 4.

I use wifi while at home, every night.
    I have disabled iCloud.
    I only use Location Settings if I need to use GPS, which is maybe once/twice per month.
    I use Spotify, but rarely stream (I only stream if I'm on wifi, and I only sync while using wifi).

I took this pic from the My Data Mgr app:
    [​IMG]

Is this normal? (edit: the wifi signal is on because I just got home and switch over to wifi any chance I can)

2. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Check you're notification center as well as any mail accounts setup on push rather than fetch. Also open Facebook app and go into settings then look for any apps setup on push as well.