Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adminaaah

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
Hello all,

So yesterday, I was issued a replacement iPhone 5 (black) 16GB from T-Mobile. (As a warranty exchange).

My question is what's the chance that the iPhone 5 will come with iOS 6 or 7?

Since Apple discontinued with 5 after iOS 7 came out, i'm thinking that it might have iOS 6.

They also said that it will be a new or like-new device if that has anything to do with this.

What do you all suggest? :)

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
Hello all,

So yesterday, I was issued a replacement iPhone 5 (black) 16GB from T-Mobile. (As a warranty exchange).

Since Apple discontinued with 5 after iOS 7 came out, i'm thinking that it might have iOS 6.

They also said that it will be a new or like-new device if that has anything to do with this.

It will likely have iOS 7, possibly iOS 8. My boyfriend got a replacement for his T-Mobile 5, last summer, and it had iOS 7. I believe it was also a refurb not new.

BittenApple

macrumors 65816
Nov 29, 2008
Hello all,

Retail packaging (1 Year run of iPhone 5) all have iOS 6 on them. Any refurbs or replacement phones will have iOS 7 (possibly iOS 8 but I think that starts next year)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.