iPhone 5 Vibration Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lasuther, Sep 22, 2012.

1. lasuther macrumors 6502a

Picked up one ATT iPhone 5 Black 16GB from Best Buy yesterday (still waiting for the wifes white iPhone 5 to come in).

After a days use, I am having an issue with the vibration switch. Anytime pressure is applied to the case by the switch, the vibration switches turns on and off. This can happen just by holding the phone or putting it in my pocket. I figure I'll wait a week and head to an apple store for a replacement.

Anyone else see this issue?

2. Gelderman macrumors newbie

Same here. Black 32gig won't switch to vibration mode. If I apply slight pressure, be it on vibrate or sound, to the toggle switch, it vibrates and momentarily shows a switch to vibration mode. But it never holds. Just...disappointing.

3. nikemike macrumors newbie

Vibration Not Working On iPhone 5

I am having the same exact problem with my Black 32gb iPhone 5. When I flip the volume/vibrate the phone vibrates and the volume icon appears on the screen briefly then disappears and the phone won't stay in vibrate mode. I noticed that if I lightly brush my finger on the side of the phone where the switch is the phone will alternate into vibrate mode then back to volume mode. This has to be a short or faulty switch which is really disappointing considering what this phone costs. I've been hesitant to bring my phone in to the Apple store because I know that they probably don't even have any replacements yet. The question is, would I get a brand new phone or would Apple try to give me a refurbished phone? Seems like Apple's quality control has gone way down recently, funny considering the way they always brag about their attention to detail in polishing the bevel on this phone yet the more important things like vibrate/volume buttons don't work!