iPhone 5 Vinyl wraps

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by BigWalt, Oct 2, 2012.

1. BigWalt macrumors regular

BigWalt

Anyone opt for a wrap instead of a case? Since I'm not a fan of cases, got some quality wraps for my iPhone 5's. Red carbon fiber/Red Matte on Black and White leather/ Red Matte on White.
    [​IMG]

What kind/ Colors is anyone else using?

2. jeutie macrumors member

jeutie

Could you please enlighten me on where you've purchased that? Looks pretty cool; I'm interested.

3. BigWalt thread starter macrumors regular

BigWalt

4. jeutie, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012

jeutie macrumors member

jeutie

Thank you! :) I'm very interested in them; Do they leave any kind of residue when removing? Was debating between the PhantomSkinz or TheLuckyLabs. Carbon Fiber Black looks extremely awesome, but the flat black isn't bad either.

5. IXDoubleDXI macrumors regular

Lucky Labs products have always been good quality, for me at least, but I opted for the iCarbons top/bottom/apple logo set for like $6.00. I'll probably either leave the back open or cut down a screen protector to fit over the aluminum.

6. STiNG Operation macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

icarbons.com probably some of the best looking wraps.....

7. ngocnguyen macrumors member

do you guys notice that the skins do not protect the mirror polished chamfer...this is what is most susceptible to scratching and dinging...

any wraps out there, that protect all edges?

8. LittleGwen macrumors 6502

9. applefan022 macrumors 6502

Using two tone black and red! LOVE them installed back and sides today was such an easy install look and feel great! used iCarbons

Attached Files:

10. BigWalt thread starter macrumors regular

BigWalt

Looks good, I going to do all red carbon myself till I heard the matte.

11. docprego macrumors 65816

I don't think it's possible to skin the chamfered edge. It's too small for a skin to adhere securely to it. That edge is the part I'm most concerned about, everything else can be easily skinned.

12. cheapa55, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2012

cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

I can't wait until mine arrive. I ordered 2 sets one for my phone and one for my wife. I ordered from sticker boy. I'll post it when I receive mine.

13. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

My iPhone wraps finally arrived from Sticker Boy. The film is perfectly cut and super easy to install. I am still waiting for my iPhone replacement (scratches) so I won't install that until Monday.
    My wife wanted to try something crazy and fun. This is her results. The front is an SGP Ultra Crystal (perfectly cut too and easy to install as well).

Attached Files:

14. GiRARDsays macrumors member

Wow! those individual openings for the speaker/mic area is nuts!!

15. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

Yup! It's called the extreme fit, they also sell the regular fit which is just open all the way. I actually think it was easier to fit the extreme because there were more points of reference to line up. I don't know who else does this type of fit but I'm very happy with it.

16. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

That's a SICK cutout. Best I've seen. I like Luckylabs but they don't have this kind of fit.

Good job

17. pocky macrumors regular

Always loved sticker boy products. However I wish they still offered the pearl series.

I'm using SGP ultra front and SGP ultra/matte back with sticker boy matte smooth white.

[​IMG]

18. appygirl82 macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

Do these come off easily if you no longer want them?

19. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

Yes all the brands I've owned come off easily and leave almost no residue. I've use wrapsol, best skins ever, sticker boy, zagg, lucky labs, SGP, and power Support.

20. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

FWIW, they really seem to cling to the aluminum part of the back, or at least the one I've tried did. I've used dozens of skins from DecalGirl, SkinIt, and Musicskins on my older iPhones and used to switch them out when the mood struck and reuse them multiple times with no issue, so I ordered a DecalGirl custom skin for my 5. Tried to remove it after a day or so and it ended up really stretching out because it was so difficult to remove from the aluminum. It didn't leave any residue or anything, but if you're someone who likes to remove and reuse skins this might be an issue.

21. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

That looks great! Too bad SGP didn't have the backs when I ordered the sticker boy wraps.

22. jkfb123456 macrumors newbie

Pocky,

In other threads with the SGP matte back, there seem to be bubbling around the raised apple logo and iPhone text. Did you not experience that?

23. docprego macrumors 65816

For comparison I lifted parts of my phantom Skinz matte back from my phone at least 5 times to remove dust. Every single time I was able to successfully reapply it. I did notice that the skin sticks to the aluminum middle section much more securely than to the upper and lower glass panels. It's secure enough on the glass but removing it from the aluminum was much more difficult.

24. mr lee macrumors member

mr lee

Here is my white iPhone with the Carbon Bumper .com silver carbon fiber wrap. It seems more white than silver in the pics, but in light it shines silver.

I Like it so far, but I also ordered black carbon for around the edges to mix it up. I'll post pics of that when it comes in.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. BigWalt thread starter macrumors regular

BigWalt

I really like that silver on white but wish it had individual little hole openings for the speaker/mic instead of a large cut out.