iPhone iPhone 5 virus?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by bmbrplt, Dec 16, 2012.

1. bmbrplt macrumors newbie

My iPhone 5 plays a marching tune I don't have on my iTunes after each phone call.

It started doing this yesterday and the only places I can think of where it could have picked it up were voice mail and Twitter. Has anyone else run into this? I am new, so please tell me if I am posting in the wrong place. TIA

bob

t

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

No such thing as a iOS virus. I'm assuming you changed something without realizing it.

3. spyguy10709 macrumors 6502a

spyguy10709

Someone must have changed it on you.

If you want to change it back, go to settings -> sounds -> ringtone -> Marimba

4. bmbrplt thread starter macrumors newbie

This is not a ringtone it is longer and it occurs when the phone call is ended.
    I have researched this on the web and learned that ios has no viruses, but i can't figure out how else this would happen. I cleared it by resetting the phone, but I wondered if others had run into this. If its a bug it is really weird.

5. Brian Y macrumors 68040

6. spyguy10709 macrumors 6502a

spyguy10709

I can't help but call BS on this...
    Not saying you are --- but have to be skeptical on the internet, you know? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Seriously have never heard of this...

7. bmbrplt thread starter macrumors newbie

I grant that it was quite weird. that's why I ran it several times to see if it was a one time glitch. It happened consistently at the end of each phone call and the marching music went on for twice as long as a ringtone. It makes no sense as a bug. That's why I was asking about a possible new virus.

8. MozMan68 macrumors 68020

MozMan68