iPhone 5 volume buttons activating even if not pushed!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ryan Burgess, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Ryan Burgess macrumors 6502

While listening to my music today, I noticed that the volum popup that shows what the volume is when you change it, kept popping up even if I wasn't telling it to.

It only happened a couple times at first, but then it was over and over again nonstop!

Does anybody else have this problem? Is it my phone? Is it a software glitch? Should I take it to apple?

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Your phone's faulty, take it back to Apple for a replacement.

3. Ryan Burgess thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the quick response. Anyone else had this problem? Or did I just get a lemon phone?

4. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Not heard of it before, I think you just got a lemon.

5. SD2013 macrumors newbie

It also happened with my I5 (1st week).

6. Ryan Burgess thread starter macrumors 6502

Did it stop on its own? Or did you take it to apple?

7. SD2013 macrumors newbie

It didn't stop. I had to take it to Apple. I am waiting for a new one. But they told me it was the first one with this problem. It became increasingly worse.
    And your?

8. Ryan Burgess thread starter macrumors 6502

Mine was going crazy yesterday, but so far today I've had no problems....it's weird, but if it starts up again ill probably take it back to apple.

9. bookwormsy macrumors 6502

Does it only happen when your headphones plugged in? If your headphones have the remote, that could be broken. If it happens without anything, then it's the phone.

10. nanachin macrumors newbie

mine just started this afternoon(31 May 2013) its weird, i shall wait and see for a few days, to see if it continues happening.

11. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

That's crazy. Sorry you're experiencing this but at the same time it's kinda nice to see a unique problem compared to the typical home button and sleep / wake button issues. Get it replaced. Apple may ask you to restore as new just to isolate whether its software or hardware, my guess is hardware. After you restore as new, Apple shouldn't give you any problems with replacing it as long as its within warranty.