Iphone 5 volume randomly decreases on its own

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dictoresno, Dec 12, 2012.

1. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

i just noticed earlier that when typing a text message, the keyboard clicks were almost totally silent. i checked the volume rocker, it was at full volume. i also noticed a little later that when playing words with friends, that the sounds in the game were also lowered and not at full volume. i again, checked the in game volume and regular volume and both were at full.

sometimes rocking the vibrate toggle or lowering and then increasing the volume fixes the issue and puts it back to full. anyone else ever have this happen?

2. FixBrokeni macrumors member

FixBrokeni

It sounds to me like it is faulty hardware. Have you dropped your device or had any liquid damage? A speaker repair may fix the issue.

3. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

nope, device works perfectly otherwise. and the issue is very rare, noticed it twice since ive owned it. im almost certain its software related.

4. FixBrokeni macrumors member

FixBrokeni

If it's not consistent then it very well could be software, have you done restore?

5. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

no not yet. it hasnt got to the point where i felt it was necessary. its so in frequent, that it wouldnt even be immediately noticeable if it helped.

6. noodlehead macrumors member

my iPhone 5 does this

About every six months, the click sounds reduce by about three-quarters in volume. The fix for me is to turn the phone off and then back on. I have not had to hard reset it. Just off and on. I also get calls sometimes that I don't know about until the voice mail sound chimes. No ring. This is a very occasional occurrence, but annoying. I'm using Verizon.