iPhone 5 Volume

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by zz2k9, Dec 7, 2012.

1. zz2k9 macrumors member

Hello all,

iPhone 5 with latest iOS 6. The ringer volume is set to low, but my ringtone is quiet, but all other alerts are really loud. It is very annoying. iMessage has a mind of its own, seems to have its own sounds and volume patterns that are not customisable at all.

Anyone else seeing this?

zz

2. zz2k9 thread starter macrumors member

solved

figured it out. the alerts volume is different to the ringer. for some reason its controlled by the music app volume. buggy or what

3. zz2k9 thread starter macrumors member

spoke too soon. its back. very frustrating

4. Ding.Dong macrumors regular

This happens to me too. I assume it's a bug in iOS 6. The ringer volume should be the same as the alert volume. But occasionally, it somehow gets tied to the general volume, which is the same as changing the volume while in the Music app. Rebooting the phone seems to fix it, at least for a few days. I think it might be a certain app that triggers it, but I haven't found the specific one.

5. gwang73 macrumors 6502a

gwang73

There's a ringer/alert setting in <Settings—>Sounds> to change the ringer and alerts with the volume buttons or not.

I'm not sure of a way to change the ringer and alert volumes independently though.

Attached Files:

6. zz2k9 thread starter macrumors member

That didn't solve the issue. Not sure if you or others are noticing it. But the ringer obeys the volume limit. Messages and especially iMessage uses its own volume level which is about two volume button clicks higher than the set amount. iMessage even has its own vibrate. Just infuriating.