iPhone 5 vs 5S Battery :(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amitabhbansal, Nov 12, 2013.

1. amitabhbansal macrumors 6502

i was using iPhone 5 and few days before bought 5S Champaigne colour 64gb, i restored it from iCloud all the data of iPhone 5, now everything is same in both phones, same notifications, same brightness etc etc, but 5S battery drains a lot faster then 5, did anyone also having the same issue?

2. solo118 macrumors 65816

Opposite for me.

Was getting 4-4:30 usage on my 5, now getting anywhere between 6-7 hours on the 5S. I never use Wifi, mostly just internet browsing over LTE and a few phone calls throughout the day.

3. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

It will take a week or two depending on use to calibrate itself.

4. Sekelani macrumors 6502

Sekelani

I'm getting roughly the same battery life I was getting on my old iPhone 5. But in the beginning when I got my phone on launch day, battery life was hideous on my iPhone 5S gold. Have you tried calibrating your iPhone?
    Make your phone die, then charge it till 100%.

5. markiv810 macrumors regular

The 3G services in India suck pretty bad, I have a Vodafone connection in Delhi and the battery life I get is pretty bad. Try using wifi if possible, and can switch of useless animations effects that are switched on by default also switch of airdrop as it consumes a lot of battery. Just my 2 cents.

6. amitabhbansal thread starter macrumors 6502

how to switch off airdrop?

----------

i always do these things, i never charge in between, i just let the phone gets off and then charge it to full, i have done this 3-4 times till now on 5S

7. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

Open Control Center (Swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen.) Select "Airdrop" then select OFF. I believe turning off Bluetooth with also turn Airdrop off as well.

8. amitabhbansal thread starter macrumors 6502

in control center there are only two options Access on lock screen and Access within apps

9. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

Your in SETTINGS. You need to go into the actual Control Center as I described in my previous post. It looks like this...

[​IMG]

10. Sekelani macrumors 6502

Sekelani

What usage stats are you getting?