iPhone 5 Wallet?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MrXiro, Nov 15, 2012.

1. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

I've searched everywhere for one but can't seem to find one.

I'm looking for an iPhone 5 sized slipcase wallet. Not one that you flip open to use but one that just has a sleeve for you to slide the phone in and out of either from the fold inside or from the top. The wallet portion would have to hold at least 5 ID/credit cards and possibly have a pocket for cash. 2 fold preferred.

Anyone seen something like I'm looking for?

Closest thing I've seen is something from Snugg but I don't like it. Also prefer real leather.

2. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

BookBook for iPhone 5.

http://www.twelvesouth.com

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1490287

BL.

3. MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

4. areyes163 macrumors 6502

areyes163

5. MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Holy CRAP!!!

THIS is exactly what I want!

DOUBLE HOLY CRAP!!!

$150 IS WAY OUT OF MY PRICE RANGE!!! :mad::mad::mad:

no need for the buttons though.

6. areyes163 macrumors 6502

areyes163

Check on etsy. They have a few iphone cases. And yeah your right that is super expensive. Their individually made though from leather. Made to order. Check out the site though. They may offer more.

7. MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

I found a few I like. Thanks!

8. darster Suspended

9. meistervu macrumors 65816

Similar design, but very different construction IMHO. For one the $150 has rounded corners on the inner flaps which looks a lot tidier. It also has stitches to designate the area of the credit cards compartment. My guess is that the defined area help prevent one from inserting cards on top of the buttons and wondering why it won't go it which could be annoying.

Another observation: the $150 model uses different leather thickness for different pockets, and that made me think that who ever designed it took the harder route trying to balance feel, durability, and thinness. The other one seems to use same thin leather all the way through. Perhaps that's all needed, but one would think that the designer of the $150 models knew something about the feel of leather and that using thin leather throughout may make a wallet that is too flimsy.

Overall, the $150 looks like a nice leather wallet, where as the cheaper one didn't impress me. I have seen the same designs executed by a few companies so there are choices. I know from personal experience with leather wallets that they are not all the same. A good one look great as it ages and lasts a long time. Bad ones barely survive a year, but you want to get rid of it after a few months so that didn't matter.

10. meistervu macrumors 65816