iPhone 5 water damage - stuck on black screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gguerini, Sep 30, 2015.

1. gguerini macrumors regular

gguerini

Hello, a while ago (more than 10 months ago), my mother spilled water on her iPhone 5. She was quick to turn it off and I did everything people recommend to do, but the iPhone was pretty much dead. It would only turn on with the battery plugged in but it would get stuck at the Apple logo forever.

Last week my wife's iPhone got stolen so I decided to give this iPhone 5 another try. I was able to turn it on plugging the battery cable and for the first time ever it displayed this black screen (see the image attached).

It gets stuck there and there's nothing I can do. Have you guys seen in before? Do you guys think it's worth it taking it somewhere to try to get it fixed??

Thanks in advance.

G

Attached Files:

2. chscag macrumors 68000

Frankly no, it's probably not worth it. You can get a used or even a new iPhone 5, 5c, or 5s at a greatly reduced cost now that the new iPhone series is out.

3. hellala macrumors newbie

This error is due to the damaged front camera cable. You can order this on ebay and replace it your self: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Proximity-S...or-iPhone-5-/301487217404?hash=item463209dafc

However, you need to clean motherboard using 91% alcohol to remove all corrosion