iPhone 5 weak wifi signal

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Vintelligence, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Vintelligence macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I have a problem with my brand new iPhone 5 (running iOs 6.0.1.). I upgraded from an 4S to an iPhone 5 and I noticed that the iPhone 5 has much weaker wifi signal than the 4S.

Especially at places where the iPhone 4S had a very weak signal, the iPhone 5 can't even find the network.

I already tried the following things:
    - Reset network settings in the iPhone
    - Restore my phone to default settings through iTunes

I have read on the Apple forums that this is a very common problem with the iPhone 5. Some people are complaining about slow wifi speed, but that's not the case for me. It's just that it has a very low signal.

Is this a known problem on MacRumors? And do you know if this is a hardware of software problem?

- Vincent

2. Vintelligence thread starter macrumors newbie

415 views and no one also has this problem or knows the solution to it? :D

3. the1337n00b macrumors newbie

In places where the 5 can still get the signal (and maybe the 4/4 S had a better signal), do you notice that the speed is slower, or just that the signal appears to be weaker? Does it drop signal in places?

4. Vintelligence thread starter macrumors newbie

I tested them next to eachother, and the iPhone 5 gets better speeds than the iPhone 4S over wifi. :)

It's just that it has a lower signal than the iPhone 4S.

5. Vintelligence thread starter macrumors newbie

I just got a replacement from Apple. Hope this helps!