iPhone 5 web clip issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tys, Nov 17, 2012.

1. tys macrumors 6502

When I first got my iPhone 5, I put my local Weather Underground forecast (http://i.wund.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=87110#conditions) on my home screen using the "add to home screen" feature in Safari and it worked fine.
    Yesterday, I accidentally deleted it. No problem, I figured, I'll just add it back. But now, the web clip doesn't display full screen! It has the black bars on the top and bottom like an app that hasn't been updated for the larger iPhone 5 screen. Any idea why this would happen?
    Can someone else try adding the page to the homescreen and see if you can reproduce the issue?

Thanks,
    tys

2. karthik.k macrumors newbie

This does not reproduce on my iPhone and iPad. Why not try clearing the cache for that website off from Mobile Safari and add it again? I think this would resolve the issue.

3. YoungNikonBoy macrumors newbie

4. tys thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately I'm still getting the same issue. I tried on a friend's iPhone 5 with the same results.
    Another thing is that when I open the Weather Undergound clip I saved, I don't get access to any other pages or features in mobile safari. It's almost behaves like it's a separate app.
    No other website I've tried has this problem.
    I emailed Weather Underground support about it, but haven't heard back yet.

5. karthik.k macrumors newbie

Sorry for the delayed response. But is the issue solved?

6. tys thread starter macrumors 6502

No, I just tried again. I've since updated to iOS 6.1, and still have the same issue. I contacted Weather Underground but never heard back.