iPhone 5 went off over night, again.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wrave91, Feb 6, 2013.

1. wrave91 macrumors newbie

Feb 6, 2013

Yesterday I woke up to find for the second time in two weeks my iPhone 5 was completely turned off. Even holding the power button at the top wouldn't turn it on. Initially I checked the charger was switched on because it was at around 10% battery before I went to bed and thought maybe I'd been stupid and not switched it on at the wall.
    After realizing it wasn't the charger, I unplugged it and plugged it back in to see if the charging screen would appear. Still nothing.
    Then eventually I managed to get it on by holding the power button + the home button to reboot. And was surprised to see it had 100% battery. This made me very confused as to why it turned off overnight.
    Had my body-clock not woke me up, I could have been very late for work.

Is this something the iPhone does automatically when the charger is left on too long? I never had this problem before and it's something that's developed recently.
    Also, if this helps.. I've suffered from light leak on the top right corner of the screen since I bought it. Just not had time to swap it out yet. Other than that, it's in perfect condition and hasn't been dropped once.

Could it be a bad batch?

Kind Regards
  2. dotme macrumors 6502a

Oct 18, 2011
    Yep. Same here. Twice in last couple of weeks, once on iOS 6.0, and again on iOS 6.1 (I skipped the .0x incremental updates) - Nothing before that.

I'm not super concerned since I have time left in the first year warranty, and AC+ for the second year, but I did notice. It is a bit unusual.