Iphone 5 "Wet" instalattion screen protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dortega479, Feb 15, 2013.

1. dortega479 macrumors newbie

Hi everybody,:):p

I have a question about all the screen protector that use "wet" installation, I have read about it and many people say that is save to use it, otherwise there is other people that they wouldnt take the risk of use water on an electonic device.

My iphone 5 have a little bit crack on the right corner, next to the camera, so i dont know if it is a good idea to use water on the screen.

How safety you think this screen protectors are?:confused:

If i use this protector, do you think that the water would enter mi phone screen and damage it? or enter by the crack on the corner?:confused:

2. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

I had an issue with someone that put a Zagg on my 4s, it got water in through the ear hole or someplace and fried the sound. That being said, I have heard of 1000's that have been put on without a hitch. I think you need to be careful, but it can be done without damage.

3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

I've never had problems installing IS's on multiple devices. I don't use them any more for other reasons (tacky feel, orange peel, etc). That said, you have to decide based on your preferences and concerns. If you use too much liquid you could certainly cause problems.

Impossible to say. Some cracks don't leak easily. Some do.

4. MR Bulk macrumors regular

I would think the installer has to "common sense" it out, too much install fluid and it might enter phone openings when squeegeeing, etc. Everything in moderation. Plus it's probably wiser to spray the film itself rather than the phone...

5. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

This is what happened to mine. I watched as he was getting the water out and it went in the ear listen hole, since he took the water the wrong way. I thought at that moment, "he does not know what he is doing", but it was too late. As I said I am sure others have not had a problem, but it only takes once. For me I was lucky as Apple did cover it under Applecare+.

6. ihakim macrumors member

Stop promoting your product. You only have four posts on this account and every single one is about the HAGZ screen protector. You've been going around resurrecting old threads and continually posting about it.