iPhone 5 what to expect?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EarthNeutron, Aug 7, 2010.

1. EarthNeutron macrumors regular

EarthNeutron

My thoughts are that the iPhone 5 won't have the antenna issue any more, I guess that Apple will add and electric resistant coating or something.
    Also, I heard a rumor that the iPhone 5 is going to have an 8MP Sony camera.
    Maybe a new processor and maybe, just maybe 1GB Ram.
    32 and 64GB of storage is 100% sure, since Apple doubles the amount of storage every year, except for the iPhone 4.
    Oh and btw, an SD card slot may be coming with the new iPhone 5 next year.
    :apple:
    What do you think?

2. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

I expect the iPhone 5 to allow me to teleport to places. If it doesn't I'll be hugely disappointed.

3. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

Go away...

The iPhone 4 JUST came out... you heard the next will have a sony 8MP camera? oh by who? a year before anything is going to be released who told you this?....

The storage thing is a stupid logic too.. they do not double to storage every year -_-

Why dont we just wait and see what happens... its obvious it will be faster... thats how tech moves.. new tech faster speeds...

4. EarthNeutron thread starter macrumors regular

EarthNeutron

Actually I read the 8MP Sony camera on Engadget.
    And yeah they double the storage every year- iPhone 2G 4GB,8GB,16GB
    iPhone 3G 8GB,16GB
    iPhone 3GS 16GB,32GB
    iPhone 4 16GB and 32GB
    iPhone 5 32GB and 64GB I guess, or at least a microSD card slot.
    *EDIT* Here's the link for the iPhone 5's 8MP Sony camera. http://www.macrumors.com/2010/04/13/2011-iphone-to-sport-8-megapixel-camera-sensor-from-sony/

5. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

No.. they have not doubled the storage... they have got rid of 4gb from the 2g then they added 32gb on the 3gs the 16gb has always been there. If that was the case it would be starting with 32gb - 64gb - 128gb for the base model every time...

The sony camera thing is a stupid statement... in 1 years time there will be better options for tiny cameras that we do not know about until developed.. who in there right mind decides on todays tech for a year away? tell me? p

Fact is NO ONE knows what will be in the iphone 5... we only know (by logic) that it will be faster. Its silly speculating and saying rumor has it that this and that... blah blah blah will be on the iphone 5 (IN A YEARS TIME)

Bollocks if you ask me

Edit: its not a dig at you personally.. I just think its stupid that people speculate and think and trust rumors about something that is a year away... tech moves fast... todays stuff is old by tomorrow

6. sloppygator2013 macrumors regular

+1.

7. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

Might be my maths playing up, but how according to your stats did the 3GS and 4 double in storage space?

8. EarthNeutron thread starter macrumors regular

EarthNeutron

You're right

9. Stein357 macrumors 6502

You're not from earth if you think the iPhone 5 is going to get an SD slot.

10. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

Hey look.. reading my replies back I see my wording is quite harsh... (im a geordie I speak like that) but I dont mean to be a prick about it.. its just my personal opinion that speculating or believing about things on something a year away to me... just seems pointless and silly. Sorry if my posts seem to target you i mean no harm

11. EarthNeutron thread starter macrumors regular

EarthNeutron

That's the hole point. The iPhone 4 doesn't feature a 64GB flash memory, so the iPhone 4 is the only one that doesn't double the memory. That's why I am pretty sure the next iPhone will come in 32 and 64 GB models.

12. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

What do I think? I think that you're making most of this up, an SD card slot would not be very Apple-like in an iPhone. They're already trying to get as much space as possible in these things just for battery life (microSIM, external antennae system, 1 memory module instead of 2, etc.) You can be sure that any space that they could possible squeeze in that thing will go to more battery power or something else more important than removable memory. If it were going to be used for addition storage space, I do not think that it would be removable memory.

13. EarthNeutron thread starter macrumors regular

EarthNeutron

I guess nobody knows what the next iPhone will be like. ONLY the Apple God (Steve Jobs) knows that. So give him a call and ask him about the iPhone X.

14. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I really don't care. I'm happy with my iPhone 4.

15. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

I hate these threads
    considering its only been more than a month since the iPhone 4 came out

16. JaSuS macrumors regular

JaSuS

This is Steve Jobs nephew...There will not be any iphone 5 simply because "the iphone 4 is apple's most successful product to date"

Thank You,

Stephen Jobs

17. EarthNeutron thread starter macrumors regular

EarthNeutron

Correction 46 days, which means the new iPhone will be launched in about 318 days.
    EDIT** Bye bye guys! I'm going to the Apple Store, cause I wanna be the first one to get the new iPhone.
    Goin' to grab my tent.

18. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

I'm right there with you.
    Correction, 'more than a month' was a perfectly acceptable and correct description:

46 days is greater than 1 month (28,29,30, or 31 days, take your pick)
    46 days is fewer than 2 months (59-62 days, take your pick)

Thus his description of "more than one month" was correct.

:rolleyes:

19. EarthNeutron thread starter macrumors regular

EarthNeutron

Ops, my bad, I read "one month" instead of "more than a month"

20. Biggestapple macrumors newbie

Na, I don't agree with that, you have to take the history of evolution of the iphone into account to predict the features of iphone 5
    here's my article , iphone 5: what to expecttell me what you think about it

21. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

22. EarthNeutron thread starter macrumors regular

EarthNeutron

Cool my post from August has been revived :D
    Cheers!

Oh and BTW: some new iPhone 5 rumors:
    screen:same as IP4 maybe with some antisunlight reflective surface? (you get the idea)
    :apple:design:same, maybe just some minor tweaks to resolve the so called antenna issue
    :apple:processor:dual core A8 or A5 clocked at 1,2 or 1 Ghz
    :apple:Ram:same as iP4 (512m)
    :apple:Camera:8 or 12(less likely) MP camera with the same LED flash, camera sensor will be greatly improved and will also be manufactured by Sony (Carl Zeiss Lens maybe?...probably not)
    :apple:Font camera:probably upgrated to 1 or 2 MP but JUST probably
    :apple:iOS 5: No idea :confused: maybe some major new features or even a complete redesign (less likely)
    :apple:Capacity 16,32,64 GB IMO
    :apple:Price 200$ on contract, maybe even less (like 180 or even 150 but not so sure about that)

23. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Other then a cpu/ram improvements. I don't see apple doing too much else. Of course I'm not an apple designer so they may have more up their sleeve then what I ever imagined :D

I'm struggling to hold onto my droidx its not aging well and I'm tempted to get an IP4 now instead of waiting the 4 months for an IP5 - especially if its going to be a rather minor update.

24. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

I guess I'm not real sure what I would want in the iPhone 5. My only real complaint about my iPhone 4 is that the camera is still not as good as my 4 year old digital camera. I know I should just use my old camera, but if we're talking about what would make the iPhone the perfect device is a camera that could completely replace my digital camera and to do that would require some kind of optical zoom IMO, which I can't see happening in the iPhone. Other than that the iPhone 4 meets all my needs perfectly.

25. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

This is what "Search" will get you!:(