iPhone 5... When?

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
Hello,

What are the rumors about the new iPhone?... are there photos of it?... Specs?

When is coming out?

Any photos of it?

NacSquared

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2011
Missouri
I actually happened to go up to the AT&T store today just to check out when my next upgrade is, just to make sure I have one saved for the next iPhone. Well, the guy told me my next upgrade was in November and jokingly I said " Hopefully the iPhone comes out around then or they push up the upgrades like last time.. " Well, he then says " Oh, we've been told that it's going to be September 6th ". The worker next to him said the same thing & sounded very sure of it. I asked if it was official and they said no but they're pretty sure from what they've heard. I asked when it would be announced & they said very soon. I'm siked.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
I actually happened to go up to the AT&T store today just to check out when my next upgrade is, just to make sure I have one saved for the next iPhone. Well, the guy told me my next upgrade was in November and jokingly I said " Hopefully the iPhone comes out around then or they push up the upgrades like last time.. " Well, he then says " Oh, we've been told that it's going to be September 6th ". The worker next to him said the same thing & sounded very sure of it. I asked if it was official and they said no but they're pretty sure from what they've heard. I asked when it would be announced & they said very soon. I'm siked.
most exciting news all day I'm off to blog!!!!!

Nicolas4ever

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
really ? WoaH :eek:

RafaelT

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2010
Lakeland, FL
I really hope you are joking and don't believe anything that a phone store employee tells you about unreleased Apple products.

gdjsnyder

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Swoyersville, PA
September 6th has aways been my guess for the Fall music event date. I would put all my bets on that day of at least an announcement, but I doubt it will launch on September 6th. Probably two or three weeks after the event.

grantsdale

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2008
Employees in a random ATT store don't know anything about anything. Apple store either. When its announced (you know, the Apple Press Event we all love) is when they will know. Not a second before.

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
What I really want to know is how is it going to look. Is it going to have the same case as the iPhone 4 or they will have a new design.

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010
Instead of taking the time to read the threads asking the same question 50 other people made (several right on the front page), you decide to make a new thread....... really?

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Employees in a random ATT store don't know anything about anything. Apple store either. When its announced (you know, the Apple Press Event we all love) is when they will know. Not a second before.
Agreed. No way would I believe what they said in an Apple or AT&T store.

daaneel

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2011
Are u guys saying the Announcement that the iPhone 5 is coming out will be in September? Or that the iPhone 5 is actually going to be in stores in September?

Govern1

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2011
NYC
i like that design. i wonder if they would ever make the home button touch sensitive.
I wish they would. On my 3G I never had home button problems, but the 4 has been acting up lately. Suddenly, the physical home button doesn't seem like such a good idea.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
Is it going to look like this?

Front looks too much like a 3GS and the back, while stunning, is rounded and Apple probably won't go back to a 3GS-style back either.

Here's what I think it's going to look like: