Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yankeesxd

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
I never had a white iphone so i was wondering if the sides of the iPhone 5 get dirty like the white parts around the front, thanks!

JTGreen87

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
I'm not using a case nor any sort of cover and mine still looks great. Delivered day one of release.

jehartley

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2012
I had a white iphone 4, 4S, and now iPhone 5. I never had issues with the white becoming dingy or dirty. Nothing around the home button etc.

I don't know what other people who have had those issues are doing to their phone but it can't be normal. I mean, they must touch it with nasty, greasy, unwashed hands or something.

I don't baby my phones at all. Never broke one and they all look pristine without using a case. I have either sold or traded in each one upon the next models release, and receive maximum value.

Buy with confidence and enjoy the beauty of the white iPhone.

Yankeesxd

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
I had a white iphone 4, 4S, and now iPhone 5. I never had issues with the white becoming dingy or dirty. Nothing around the home button etc.

I don't know what other people who have had those issues are doing to their phone but it can't be normal. I mean, they must touch it with nasty, greasy, unwashed hands or something.

I don't baby my phones at all. Never broke one and they all look pristine without using a case. I have either sold or traded in each one upon the next models release, and receive maximum value.

Buy with confidence and enjoy the beauty of the white iPhone.

thanks for the reply so the white part around the screen never gets black?

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Yeah my white 4S looked less smudgy in general than my black 4.

I expect the same with the 5,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.