iPhone 5 Wi-Fi problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by applejuice99, Apr 12, 2013.

1. applejuice99 macrumors member

I have had my iPhone for 3 months and haven't had problems with the Wi-Fi. My battery was at about 50% before I went to bed, and I woke up with it completely dead. I then realised it wasn't connected to Wi-Fi, I assumed the battery drained because it was trying to connect to the internet. I tried switching Wi-Fi off then back on again, switching the whole phone of then on again, resetting network settings, forgetting the network, all that I could think of. I don’t know what else to try, can anyone?

2. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Are you asking for help with not being able to reconnect to your wifi or are you asking for help with the battery draining?

3. applejuice99 thread starter macrumors member

the fact that I cannot connect to the internet

4. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Does wifi work in other places other than your house? Did you try power cycling your router as well as your phone? Other devices in your house able to connect? Let me know more and ill help you as best as I can.

5. applejuice99 thread starter macrumors member

I am on iOS 6.1.3 (latest) I have tried resetting my router, all my other devices in the house work. I have also tried it in someone elses house, it does not work.

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

ok, is the phone able to find your home network? if so, what happens when you try to connect to it?

7. MrMacMack, Apr 13, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2013

MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Which iPhone do you have and...

Did you try:

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

And actually, follow all the steps here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1398

If that doesn't fix your issue then you'll need to contact Apple about it as there's likely a hardware issue with your phone and it will need to be repaired or replaced.

8. Gonzo3333 macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

I just got my iPhone 5 yesterday and was having some problems with my wifi staying connected. I would select my wireless network, put the password in and the wifi would stay connected as long as I did not put the phone to sleep for too long. If I waited too long the connection would go away. What I did to fix it was under settings > wifi > choose a network, I selected Other. Then I manually entered my wifi name and password. Then under security choose WPA. That took care of the problem, i.e. it stayed connected after I powered the phone down and then back on. It also stayed connected overnight, amazing, right.

9. applejuice99 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks everyone for the replies, I took it back to the apple shop and the replaced it for free as a firmware issue :)