iPhone 5 wifi connectivity issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by alflavor, Oct 17, 2012.

1. alflavor macrumors regular

Well so far loving the iPhone5 - one issue with wifi... as follows.

Wifi signal on the phone is always showing as one bar - even when next to the router - happens at home, also at work, in fact anywhere I connect to wifi.

As far as I can tell it's running 'through' fine - a speedtest just now confirmed the speeds I expect from my home router.

It happened last week after approx. 1 week ownership and a reboot of the phone solved the issue for about 5 days... and now it's doing the same thing again.

So to be clear, the wifi icon is showing constantly one bar, yet the wifi works fine ??!

I have seen other people reporting wifi issues, so I assume I'm not the only one with this, although haven't seen it mentioned yet.

2. alflavor thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I swapped the phone at the genius bar a week ago - now one week later with the new phone the problem has returned !

It cannot be just me?

3. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

Some people have been reporting: No WIFI, Slow WIFI, Dropped WIFI..

It isn't really confirmed if it's hardware or software yet.. Although, I read from numerous reports that 6.0.1 will address WIFI issues as well as other bug fixes.

4. alflavor thread starter macrumors regular