iPhone 5 wifi issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mark359, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Mark359 macrumors newbie

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could please help me out...

When I come home my iPhone automatically connects to my wifi network and shows as having good signal. Then if I try and use it it will normally load the first page or app I try, but th second web page will load forever. No timeout page or error messages, it just won't appear.

I then have to switch phone on and off and it will start working immediately (switching WIFI on/off does not resolve the issue. I have a 4S as well and have tested using both phones when the 5 isn't working and the 4S works fine.

This is only happening on my home WIFI, my work network has no issues and once I am connected I have no further issues until I leave home and return again.

I have tried quite a few things, but now I am out of ideas.
    I have a Sky Broadband router (Sagemcom F@ST2504n).
    Any suggestions not on this list would be greatly appreciated.

-forget this network then re-add
    -settings/general/reset/reset network settings
    -changed to different WIFI channels
    -tried different WIFI security settings ( WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key), WPA2-PSK (AES), WPA/WPA2-PSK (Mixed Mode)
    -assigned static IP address to phone
    -took phone to Genius Bar where they replaced it for a new one but the problem still persists.

Thanks,

Mark

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Tell me about.
    Same exact issues here.
    That's why I'm not even gonna bother getting it replaced.
    Just waiting for a firmware update.

3. Mark359 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm glad it's not just me. Thanks for the reply!

4. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

I had issues with my first iPhone 5.. It would connect every time, but the WIFI speed would drop to about half of every other device in the house. My earpiece broke and I got a replacement and I haven't had issues since...

I have seen this issue all over the internet.. I am assuming it's a software issue, but there are also defective units floating around.

I am anxious to see apple push out a 6.0.1.

5. sisspc macrumors newbie

I'm having the exact same problems. I have tried everything you tried plus I updated my router's firmware. Nothing helps and it's infuriating me. I'm 60+ miles from the closest Apple store so I haven't been able to get a replacement phone. I'm hoping to do that this weekend.

6. Mark359 thread starter macrumors newbie

You have a sky router too? I hear they are releasing a new one on the 18th. May be the only option. My replacement made no difference at all!

7. allaw macrumors member

I got a replacement iP5 after showing the genius my speedtest.net report of 0.8mbps download and 6mbps upload. He swap it for me without looking at other things, but second one is practically the same, download is 1.2mbps. While at the apple store i tried the unsecured wifi and its downloading at 40mbps.

8. sisspc macrumors newbie

No, my router is a 3 year old Linksys. I considered buying a new router, possibly even "splurging" for an Airport Extreme. But from what I've gathered the router isn't the problem, it's either the 5's software or hardware.