iPhone 5 WiFi not working to its full potential

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by HassanSuhail, Jan 18, 2013.

1. HassanSuhail macrumors newbie

Hey there people .. I am facing a very weird problem...I am having an iPhone 5 6.0.2 Unlocked with legitimate sim ( Etisalat here in Dubai ) ...I connect to WiFi and google works amazingly fast can search and all Apple.com works too Facebook opens but i cant Login...Appstore works too ... Facebook App i can login but it wont load up .... The weather app shows no result but the Shares app works perfect...I can login Instagram but i cant post any image :/ .. Iam sure there is no problem with the speed of the internet its pretty fast and my other devices works fine...I tried resetting network settings i tried setting proxy to Auto it made it a little fast but still not enough..

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Looking at apples support forums it's a software issue and seems to be hit and miss so a full restore (not from a backup) seems to solve it

3. HassanSuhail thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah i tried that..A fresh restore to IOS 6.0.2 .. Dint help much..I tried the weather app and it dosnt load..So i restored back from the old Backup. Btw thanks for the quick reply..

4. HassanSuhail thread starter macrumors newbie

I found out something! I connected to the WiFi of my friend .. Linksys and tried again ... Everything worked awesome...It worked like a charm..so there must be something wrong with my WiFi.. Let me explain my WiFi hotspot.. I use Wire connection for my computer ... And Its always good to have a hotspot ... I use my laptop to grab wifi from my friends nearby modem and use Connectify to extend that wifi so i can use it in my room... My other device have no problem with this .. Only iPhone5 dosnt respond well to this..I have read somewhere iPhone5 dosnt work well with WPA2 ... can anyone suggest me anything>?

5. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Go to settings>general>reset> then hit reset network settings on your iphone

This should fix your inconsistency and ****

6. HassanSuhail thread starter macrumors newbie

Dint help :'(

7. Marc32 macrumors newbie

This solved my problem for now (hoverer how ****ing frustrated I'm - 2 days dealing with wi-fi issues, nearly smashed the phone, never had issue with iphone 4 or 4S)

8. HassanSuhail thread starter macrumors newbie

I know buddy it really is very frustrating i mean whats the fun without the Internet?
    Glad that it worked for you..

9. Marc32 macrumors newbie

It worked for a while...
    Not for long, as soon as my phone went to sleep mode (locked screen) it didn't pick wifi after waking up, and is back to not able to connect to/with any wifi in the range. ****ing joke. I do understand it is only software/firmware issue however I've requested replacement handset this morning (delivery tomorrow), so I can prove that new handset will stop working properly as soon as you lock your screen. So after 2 months using iphone5 I'm going to have new handset and I'll keep replacing the handsets until Apple fix the bug. How many new handsets can I have? Most probably one a week for as long as it takes Apple to fix it.
    I wish I could go back to 4S