iPhone 5 wifi sync not working

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jdaniel, Sep 26, 2012.

1. jdaniel macrumors 65816

it does not work all the time, if I open itunes I may or may not see my phone on the left column.... if I do not I would have to hard wire connect it and uncheckwifi sync and re-check

2. jcspeck macrumors newbie

I'm having a similar issue, I found some steps online, restart phone, restart mac, etc, plug in do first sync and then unplug but don't eject. Went back an hour later and its not in the devices.

3. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Wifi sync not working for my iPhone 5 either. Same settings work on iPhone 4s, 4 and iPod touch in the house.

4. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

I've been having this issues with ALL iDevices running iOS6, not just my iPhone 5...

I was wondering if it was due to me running OS X 10.6.8 and iTunes 10.7.

I just downloaded Lion and may upgrade to see if this resolves my problems.

5. InfinitiG macrumors 6502

noticed this when I got my iphone 5. itunes picks up my phone via wifi sync very intermittently. I am pretty sure this is a software bug within iTunes. did not have any problem with wifi sync with my iphone 4 running iOS6.

6. dankind64 macrumors newbie

+1 to the issues bin. can't figure this one out.

7. jdaniel thread starter macrumors 65816

I had previously used a back up for a jb iphone4s to restore into a new iphone5... it was buggy to say the least I am now using iphone 5 restored to factory and programmed from scratch.....and problem seems to be gone

8. NGMstudios macrumors newbie

I am having a problem syncing iphone 5 to iTunes. An 'internal device error' occurs. After trying again, I got this:
    "an unknown error occurred (-50)".

Running 6.0.1 also.

9. JamesWilliams12 macrumors member