iPhone 5 with Bad Photo Quality Since iOS7 Update

azdog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2014
I'm new so I'm sorry if this has been posted before (I did look through previous threads).

Since I updated to iOS7 the photo quality on my iPhone 5 has suffered dramatically, especially when using the flash or in low light conditions. Photos are dark or soft/blurry. It used to be that when I used the flash on close-up photos the highlights would be blown out. Now its like the flash is barely working. My son has an iPhone 5 and has the exact same issues.:confused:

azdog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2014
I've spent more time going through other forums and there are other iPhone 5 users with the same problem and I've read of fixes such as resetting the phone or dropping it from 5-7 inches.

J.C

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2008
Are you sure you don't have one of the filters running on the camera app?

Have you tried 3rd party camera apps?

azdog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2014
I double checked and I'm not using a filter. Does anyone have a suggestion on a good 3rd party camera app?

I was hoping that iOS7.1 might have a fix but not so.

BenTrovato

macrumors 68030
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
I use camera+ and love it but it does seem weird that the quality has suffered. Is the quality poor with flash on/off and auto?

azdog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2014
All flash use whether it's auto or on is very different since the upgrade. Using the my iphone for indoor photos is almost pointless.

dotme

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
Honestly, I would back it up, reset all settings, and restore. Blow the cobwebs out. It's more likely to be software than hardware.

I don't advise dropping it from 7 inches, however. Whoever suggested that on another forum... lol - I'll bet some people do it.