iPhone 5 with Bad Photo Quality Since iOS7 Update

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by azdog, Feb 25, 2014.

1. azdog macrumors newbie

I'm new so I'm sorry if this has been posted before (I did look through previous threads).

Since I updated to iOS7 the photo quality on my iPhone 5 has suffered dramatically, especially when using the flash or in low light conditions. Photos are dark or soft/blurry. It used to be that when I used the flash on close-up photos the highlights would be blown out. Now its like the flash is barely working. My son has an iPhone 5 and has the exact same issues.:confused:

2. azdog thread starter macrumors newbie

I've spent more time going through other forums and there are other iPhone 5 users with the same problem and I've read of fixes such as resetting the phone or dropping it from 5-7 inches.

3. J.C macrumors 6502

Are you sure you don't have one of the filters running on the camera app?

Have you tried 3rd party camera apps?

4. azdog thread starter macrumors newbie

I double checked and I'm not using a filter. Does anyone have a suggestion on a good 3rd party camera app?

I was hoping that iOS7.1 might have a fix but not so.

5. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

I use camera+ and love it but it does seem weird that the quality has suffered. Is the quality poor with flash on/off and auto?

6. azdog thread starter macrumors newbie

All flash use whether it's auto or on is very different since the upgrade. Using the my iphone for indoor photos is almost pointless.

7. dotme macrumors 6502a

Honestly, I would back it up, reset all settings, and restore. Blow the cobwebs out. It's more likely to be software than hardware.

I don't advise dropping it from 7 inches, however. Whoever suggested that on another forum... lol - I'll bet some people do it.