Iphone 5 with Copilot live GPS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by galileofigaro, Jul 15, 2014.

1. galileofigaro macrumors newbie

I'm planning to get an Iphone 5 and install Copilot live GPS to use it offline.
    Will I be able to use this app without a data plan and without phone service, just like a GPS?
    Thanks a lot

2. TeamCoPilot macrumors newbie

Thanks for using CoPilot to navigate!

You are able to use CoPilot without data or phone service as all we require to navigate you is a GPS signal! Make sure to download the maps over WiFi before you get in the car and then you're all set.

To learn more about CoPilot and helpful hints to use our app, head to our blog: http://blog.copilotgps.com/na/category/hints-and-tips/

-Team CoPilot

3. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

Answer posted above, and I'll take this opportunity to ask the CoPilot rep if we can expect an update to CoPilot TRUCK HD/USA anytime soon?

I paid $150 for this app and it sometimes crashes on my iPad Mini Retina and the app hasn't been updated since October 2013.

Thanks!

4. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Wait wait wait... $1.50 or $150?

5. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

Wow what's so special in the truck version that makes it worth $150?

6. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

One hundred fifty, yes. The truck version has truck only routes, low bridges, weight and size restrictions, mileage reporting and other truck specific features.

A good truck specific GPS can cost much more than the standard one you'd use in a car but since I already had an iPad I decided my money would be better spent buying this app than another device.

Around towns one isn't familiar with, a truck GPS can be crucial.

7. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Interesting... I did not know there were different GPS's for trucks. Sure ain't cheap:D

8. TeamCoPilot macrumors newbie

Hi,

Thank you for using CoPilot Truck. Sorry to hear about the crashes. Please visit our forum for assistance on that issue: https://forum.copilotlive.com/copilotlive

We're working hard on an update for all of our truck users that will include enhancements and updates for the app. We appreciate your patience!

Safe Travels,
    Team CoPilot