iPhone 5 with faulty power button AND battery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by uid15, Apr 19, 2015.

1. uid15 Suspended

uid15

Hi there.

My friend has an iPhone 5 which has already had the battery replaced, as stated on the serial number search on the battery replacement program. Also, her power button is intermittent, but is rejected by the power button replacement repair program as "not eligible", as per the battery repair.

I take it Apple can bypass this and ship empty box and fulfil a DIY repair request anyway, right? This is not as expected, and since it STILL has power issues, even after having had the battery replaced.

This is kinda semi-rhetorical, as I know Applecare are superb, I just wanted to fish for some feedback from anyone who has had a similar experience,

Many thanks :)

2. uid15 thread starter Suspended

uid15

Applecare chat "manager" being a wise guy, trying to fob me off and take me on a wild goose chase, stating "MY say so is final" in as many words... (he wishes he had that authority, overall!) LOL, ha - I know how Applecare works, I've never once had an unresolved case with them in 9 years... I'll get back to you with my resolved case, once it gets sorted.

Cheerio folks :)