iPhone 5 with iOS 7: Screen stays on after notification

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rocknblogger, Sep 20, 2013.

1. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Just as the title says. If I get a notification of any kind, whether a text or email or pretty much anything, the screen remains on. I have to physically turn it off.

Also has anyone noticed that the grid of icons remains of center when scrolling page to page? Also sometimes when you close an app.

I have to say that all in all I'm not overly impressed with iOS7.

2. eozdag macrumors newbie

iPhone 4 screen stays lit

I had this same problem with my iPhone 4 after upgrading to iOS 7. It really sucks because if you get a text message or something while not near your phone, the backlight might stay on for hours, killing battery life!

But, I FIXED IT! My Autolock was set to 1 minute when the problem was occurring (Settings > General > Autolock). I changed it to 2 minutes and waited with the screen lit. Sure enough after 2 minutes it went black. I then went back to those settings and changed it back to 1 minute. It now shuts off the screen after 1 minute.

To test if it goes off after notifications, I sent myself a text through this link: https://web.vma.vzw.com/vtext/guest/Dashboard.do. My screen lit up when I received it, but it went off after 1 minute. :cool:

Hope this helps.

3. DB1958 macrumors newbie

4. c2one macrumors member

I am having this same issue. Screen will remain on after any type of notification and even after I pulg it in to charge, it shows battery percentage and then the screen remains on.

Also, when I am on any application, even though I have my auto lock set for 2 minutes, it remains on till I press the top button to lock it.

I think I have a bad setting somewhere and can not find it. I tried changing to 1 min auto lock and back, nothing happened. I restored my phone and used back up from computer, nothing. Restored my phone and used iCloud back up, nothing.

I have to keep my phone on the charger or it will die ... so fustrating.

5. Bramsplie macrumors newbie

I have the same problem here. Does anybody have a solution for this??